Got my JC cancelled... (at least for now)

by Sanchy 57 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    For God's sake if they ask if you believe the truth as taught by the F&DS. The answer is a resounding yes.
  • Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Yet another reason why I loathe social media. Its just another way for the elders to monitor my every move and for the "friends" to judge me as good or bad. Good luck with that Sanchy.

• A Ha
    A Ha

Come on, man! Posting on FB if you're fading is a rookie move!

But seriously, if you're a former elder you know how this all goes and don't need my advice, but I think saying, "I wont say I'm sorry nor lie about the facts of my situation" is a mistake. You don't owe them anything. If lying gets you out of being shunned by your family, then LIE LIE LIE, and then lie about lying. Follow that up with a good lie about lying about lying. Then lie... you get the picture.

What is the nature of the posts you've been making? Is it more than just this CoC "like"? Couldn't you just say it was a mis-click? Could you claim your FB account was hacked by evil apostates? If you need an alibi, I'll confess to hacking your account.

Honor--falling on your sword because you don't want to tell a lie, and facing severe repercussions that affect both you and your wife, as well as your families and any future children is an antiquated notion. This aint Camelot.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow. . . they'll follow the Flock book to the letter regarding pedos (no call to police, 2 witnesses to the crime necessary) but all the rules go out the window for a goddamned FB post.

Nah. . . . It's not a cult, right?

“Here's an easy way to figure out if you're in a cult: If you're wondering whether you're in a cult, the answer is yes.” -Stephen Colbert, I Am America
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander
    I would have called that Elder back and asked him what he's talking about? Then, when he claims you shared a link to CoC on your Facebook account, I would have acted totally SHOCKED!!! Shocked I tells ya! I would have feigned complete ignorance, and said that my iPod had been stolen somewhere, and that an apostate had hacked my Facebook account and created that post. How would the Elder's prove otherwise? They couldn't. I'd lie my ass off, then lie some more, and the top it off with a sprinkle of more lies. "Theocratic Warfare" at it's best. They'd never get me, and I'd NEVER do anything on social media that could nail me down, and I was never even baptized, nor do I have any living JW relatives!
  • Sanchy
    Sanchy

Couldn't you just say it was a mis-click? Could you claim your FB account was hacked by evil apostates? If you need an alibi, I'll confess to hacking your account.

LoL!! A real brotherhood here ;) Thx Aha

• just fine
    just fine

I don't like to lie, but you need to deal with the JWs according to their own rules. They lie and lie and lie some more. So I don't see any reason why you wouldn't treat them the same way.

• freddo
    freddo

Don't meet with them. If they contact you say you consider yourself admonished. That's it. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Do not say another word to them.

If you meet with them and fail to lie through your teeth to them and post anything that can be construed as apostasy - anywhere, anytime - you are toast.

If despite the above you feel compelled to meet to limit damage then be prepared to grovel and suck it up and lie as though your life depended upon it..

• OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations

What if one of the brothers says "I admonish you". Then the other brother says "I admonish you". Then a third brother enters the room, and says "now we can begin your Judicial Meeting". Hey, they admonished you twice!

• millie210
    millie210

Well done on the phone call with them Sanchy!

My only advice would be to secretly tape your meeting Thursday night.

They will say or do something that violates Watchtower protocol and you will have further material to slow their roll.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit