Got my JC cancelled... (at least for now)

by Sanchy 57 Replies latest jw friends

• schlick
    schlick

My mother said the exact same thing a few years ago, once she realized was no longer truly interested in the truth. To be honest, that kind of hurt me. But seeing as someone else's mom said the same thing, it's just a stigma.

And yes, you ignited this by posting the CC book. OnTheWayOut has great advice to this situation if you truly want to fade. But like someone else had posted, this is basically on your 'permanent record' and they will always judge you after this. Good luck.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

Here is my 2 cents, we have seen first hand, the elders follow what rules they choose to, and ignore the ones that suit them. It bothers them that you are throwing in their faces that they aren't following the rules. They will probably start trolling these sites to catch you posting on here. I have followed your posts and you have said a lot of personal info that those who know you will be able to identify you. Battle of who is right begins...I think meeting with them will be difficult unless you have great acting skills...they really don't want to gain their brother...they want to prove you are disloyal...this is evident of how quick they pulled the JC out of the holster...

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I don't understand why, instead of meeting with them to be admonished over something as stupid and innocuous as an FB post, you didn't meet with them just long enough to hand over a letter from your attorney. Oh yeah, and while handing it to them, you should have had the biggest "you can start shi**in now" grin anyone has ever seen. And then gleefully walked away gotten in your car and driven off, all the while smiling at them with that same grin.

But then again, that's me.

• A Ha
    A Ha
    I don't understand why...

Because he doesn't want to lose his family.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I hope you give these guy a good run for the money and everything turns out good. BTW these JC are a joke I went to one just to send a message to headquarters, the had me arrest when I went to a meeting some months after my DFing anoucemnet. They were scared shitless of me and about four patrol cars and 5 cops came to their distress 911 call.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    They were scared shitless of me and about four patrol cars and 5 cops came to their distress 911 call.

Did you have your JC meeting wearing your concealed in a way that there was an obvious imprint? lol

• corruptgirl
    corruptgirl

All or Nothing: hi I'm Sanchy's wife. Yes he's put alot of personal information here... He even has his profile pic so it would be easy for anyone to catch him.... But we were going to a Spanish congregation and trust me, those elders are so lost when it comes to these matters. They are oblivious to the fact that these forums even exist. Most of them don't even know how to use a computer... Sadly.

Anyways we are fading but our entire family is already treating us like we're disfellowshipped.... Especially now. The only one who treats us the same is my mom (she even talks to her brother who was disfellowshipped on a fornication and homosexuality charge). So I'm pretty sure she'll keep taking to her daughter and coming to see her grandkids. And if it weren't for her we'd probably disassociate soon anyways.... At this point we just want to live our lives because if our family doesn't want anything to do with us than what's the point in fading.

I'm still very proud of my husband for taking back some control by telling them they can't just have a JC without taking certain steps. Why give everything to them on a silver platter? He stood up for what was right and tomorrow he'll stand up for what he believes.... Because if he's going to go down, he's going down with dignity... Not grovelling. At the end of the day I know that is what will give him peace of mind. I understand the advise given here to do so is to save a relationship with family but I'm afraid that point had passed. Anyways we'll see what happens tomorrow.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

HI corruptgirl thanks for your response- somehow I missed your intro and I just got to read it! Very inspiring. I am aware of the problems with disorder in Spanish congregations. That actually probably explains why they didn't know what the elder book says. Anyway, I hope the outcome that is best for your family is what happens tomorrow. Perhaps someone you care about will read COC from the Facebook post and see the light.😉

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I think you kind of knew what you were doing to be honest. Maybe subconsciously ripping off the band aid? Resist the urge for confrontation. It goes away. Their influence goes away. Say it was a mistake. You can go on FB and actually delete that post. So go do it. Tell them you "fixed" the mistake.

Finally don't get caught actually telling them how you feel. Just say you wouldn't want to risk harming their faith, and your decisions have been principled. Then leave. Let the silence linger on them.....not you. You are in control of this.

Oh......and record it!

• Island Man
    Island Man

Here's what I think will happen:

They'll admonish you. Then they will give a marking talk at the kingdom hall where they will mention that loyal JWs do not need to be told from the platform that an inactive one is no longer one of JWs to make the determination that such one is not to be associated with. Any loyal JW who knows of an inactive one engaging in serious sin, including sharing or promoting apostate information on social media, is well within his right to decide to treat such ones as they would a disfellowshipped one. I think something similar was said at this year's RC.

So between your former JW friends seeing your share and the elders giving the marking talk, you'd be treated just as if you'd been disfellowshipped. You haven't dodged the shun gun. You've only dodged the official paper-work that normally goes along with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit