Got my JC cancelled... (at least for now)

by Sanchy 57 Replies latest jw friends

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

You could always countercharge them with apostasy in that they are going against the scriptures, as interpreted by the fds, in that scriptural-based procedures are not being followed.

• tiki
    tiki

I just don't get why anyone wants to play their game. All you are doing by knuckling down is saying in effect that they have authority over you... Which in fact they do not. Meeting with them just gives them entitlement to Lord it over...and if you consider yourself Christian, you have one leader....and all of us are peers.

• dozy
    dozy

I wonder whether it makes much of a difference being formally DFd nowadays anyway.

It seems the distinction between the treatment meted out by JW family to faded & DFd ex-JWs has changed greatly in recent times as the WTBTS has tightened up on what they perceive is something of a loophole. I'm just faded but pretty much shunned by my family & I know a few in my situation. And the recent announcement at the convention telling JWs to cut off association with inactive ones has led to a plethora of emails & texts to former JWs. It doesn't really make a huge difference now unless there are particular family members ( such as elderly parents ) that you particularly need some access to.

I had an elder in the congregation pop by and basically ask me a couple of years ago to DA myself so that it would tidy up the congregation paperwork. I didn't take him up on his kind offer but essentially that is increasingly the situation now.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I think I agree with Dozy.... Once your mom said goodbye to you, simply because you posted, I mean what does it matter what the elders say? Hmm?

My mom became VERY businesslike with me when I quit going to the meetings for a righteous cause. My husband testified against the WT in a pedophile trial (he was an elder for decades) and they DFd him for telling the truth. I do no support liars, and stopped going. That was it. No posting of CC on Facebook, etc.

Unless your mom totally respects the elders as above her decisions, you may be history already.

I hope it goes well for you, tho elder's meetings are a wild hare... you never, and I mean never know what they will do... even if an elder's book says so.... really.

Please let us know!

Cha Ching!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

You know, just sharing a post about a book on FB doesn't necessarily mean you agree with it.

I'd say "i dont know if it is apostasy, i haven't read it. Have you?"

• sir82
    sir82

My husband testified against the WT in a pedophile trial (he was an elder for decades) and they DFd him for telling the truth.

I'd love to see this story. Did you post it on here yet?

• nelim
    nelim

pale.emperor, ha ha! But what's the likelihood of sharing a post about a book one hasn't read? The elders will still consider sharing the post as encouraging others to read this book, whatever you say.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Blowing 'em off using the WTS's own rules... nice.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the Org is ultimately shooting themselves in the foot by their anxious attempts to smoke out all the closet apostates (closapostates? aclostates? )?

• cha ching
    cha ching

Vidiot... Haha, i like that new term, "Aclostate", as much as "i am part of the 'Kevinly' class"'!

• cha ching
    cha ching

Sir82... the court case was not won, much was involved... my husband is still trying to 'help.' He has to remain undercover / out of thee limelight, so that he has more success, and he is pleased with the after events that he has helped in.

We thought more of the people we knew would 'stand up for righteousness sake'... but alas, morals did not prevail over 'protocol'

thx for the request.... perhaps one day there will be a 'revealing'

Cha Ching!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit