Kingdom Hall Spankings

by JH 100 Replies latest jw friends

• razorMind
    razorMind

AAUGH I hate that I even opened this thread

I just read the post about the 3 week old baby; if I ever see a dub "tanning the hide" of a tiny 3 week old baby, I will KICK THEIR ASS. No, really....I will KICK THEIR ASS.

I'm supposed to be attending one of the District conventions this summer (probably 1 day) and if anyone does so much as crook a disapproving brow at my baby I will KICK THEIR ASS

The old cliche' is true, you really do see things differently once you have a kid of your own. Just reason #1,579 why I must make sure my JW parents never get custody of my kid, EVER.

• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!

My Friends,

My brother and I, were very well behaved JW children. However, If we even made a mistake, out came the belt!! Faulker, we made human errors and we were punished!!! Till this day, the two of us do not have relationship with our father, unless he is talking about the VILE INSANE CRAP that comes from those pathetic Dog D%$kers in the org!

We were just kids. How can you expect a young one to sit thru it..30 years later, poor things to sit thru it, spanking was the answer to unrestfulness.. I thank god I will raise my son in a different way...I reason and tell him " bad boys don't get to go to Pepperdine" it works and I am busting butt to make it so.. my butt that is lol

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**I just read the post about the 3 week old baby;

I've got an experience worse than THAT, if you can imagine!

I've mentioned this before, but we have a lot of new ones here that maybe haven't seen this....a few years ago we were listening to another "discipline" talk, and the speaker said that even PREGNANT SISTERS should take a pencil and tap her stomach when the baby wiggles during the meeting!!! I am not kidding!!! He went ON to add, that when the baby is born that it will associate hearing the meetings in progress---to "knowing it's a time to be still" and would be the mental regulating of Jehovah through the womb!

THIS had to be the most insensitive and disgusting remark (and they call this counsel?) I had ever heard!

hugs,

Annie

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I remember being fidgety in the meeting one time when I was little only to have my aunt take me in the bathroom. She had me ball up my hand and with the hardest brush ever made she would hit me on my knuckles a few times and tell me I better not cry. Now that I'm older and not able to talk to her because she is still a JW, I wish I could hit her on her knuckles with a brush right about now.

Also on this note I had a stupid step-mom that once during my "badly deserved" discipline sessions I got a "rebellious spirit" in me and didn't cry like she wanted me too. Mind you I was pissed first hand because it was my STEP-mom whipping me and she had me laying across the bed with my butt all in the air. But anyway I said I wasn't gonna give her the pleasure of hearing me crying in pain. So I didn't cry. The b**tch had the nerve to say, "oh you don't wanna cry huh" and started whipping me more. Ok I'm getting beat with this damn belt and it does hurt so finally I blurt out, "why you whipping more for not crying but when I do cry you tell me to SHUT UP?"...Do you know the B**th started laughing and said you right, I guess you've had enough now go to your room. That pissed me off more so. I actually had thoughts of killing my stepmother when I was around 15-16 because she was so evil, but that was her and my dads way of raising me as a good JW so they didn't feel they were doing anything wrong. Anyway the end of the story was when my dad got home thank God I didn't get another whipping but I got a good talking to. A talk or even a "LOOK" from my mean dad was enough to make me start wailing so it was just like I got another whipping when my dad got home.

I'm not gonna go on much more but my mom(also a JW but been divorced from my dad since I was 5) once had to threaten to call the police for my dad because he wanted to whip my step-sister and I with a piece of a hose pipe he had cut. I remember that day clearly, I forgot exactly what we had did that was so bad but we heard the words "you're gonna get it when you get home" and immediately was stricken with fear, mind you this is when we're both in middle school, but we played it smart and when we got home my dad went out back to do some yardwork before disciplining us. So we put on layers of clothes so that we wouldn't feel the blows of the hose pipe. Guess what, it had to be godly intervention and he forgot all about whipping us and we were very happy.

On a sad note, my brother who was not a fan of school and got whippings almost everyday for doing poorly in school did fall victim to the hose pipe. I don't quite remember what happened but I think my mom went to the elders about this and they talked to my dad so he only whipped my brother with belts from then on. Now that I'm older I'm quite sure whipping a child with a piece of hose pipe is grounds for jailtime nowadays, probably was back then, but the loving elders did nothing about it. Oh yeah, I must add this too, my step-mom also got her share of "whippings" too from my dad. I was only witness to 1 of them but she said that this wasn't the first time it had happened. I love my dad and everything even after witnessing all of this and he's still in the bourg but "weak". I guess he wasn't DF'd because he was repentant. I KNOW my dad, if she did something again "out of line" she'd probably get some "christian,loving, JW discipline" from him.

• docpalo
    docpalo

It was sickening to read the posts about the beatings and abuse that goes on a the KHs to children. My ex and I rarely smacked our kids and if we did it was on the bottom and not in the vicous way that has been depicted here. I used to take them outside and walk around and that really pissed off some of the Nazi elders. This one clown would beat up his kid and I had the nerve to grab his arm once when I though he was going way too far. You guessed it, in the back room with the clown princes among men. How dare I interfere with another parents discipline. They didn't care when I explained that it looked like a mugging. Here was this this guy my size 6' 2", 280 and he's bent over a 7 yr old pounding the living s**t out of the kid. Talk about child abuse! But then my cong in Lowell, MA was the poster cong for the dysfunctional families. One Sunday a 10 yr old got fidgity and his old man walked him up the aisle kicking him in the butt. No one reacted or looked as if this was wrong! I could fill a book about this Halls trerror stories but you all have heard them already from others. The worst though was this cute as button little girl whose mother was a control freak. Beat the crap out of her for the slightest infraction. Oh but mommy was Sister Righteous. I remember those little girls eyes.Like a terrified caged animal. BTW, she isn't a JW now, I know, I see her at the substance abuse clinic I work at. Sister Righteous really instilled a love for the JWs in her. SO much so that she is coming off a 10 year heroin habit. Praise Jah!

• desib77
    desib77

I hate the thought of parents beating their children however I do not believe that spankings given to older children are not always a form of abuse. I got spankings when I was younger and to this day don't really remember them. I'm not scarred from them.

I've been around a lot of children that are so spoiled it is sickening. They could use some discipline and I honestly believe that a spanking couldn't hurt some of them.

In no way am I advocating beating or abusing children or even spanking because a child can't sit still at a meeting. What I am saying is that spanking isn't necessarily the evil that people make it out to be some times.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Reading all these stories brings up vile memories for me...repress and forget, that how I deal

Many times I was beaten "in the back" for fidgiting, talking, etc. My last beating was at the age of 14 in th KH, mom got me up (I was giggling at a special talk about masturbation)...she took me outside and took off her belt, she said if I screamed that she would keep it up.

I sat in the bathroom for the rest of the meeting and decided I hated them. and the hall. And what they had done to me. Soon later I told my mother I would leave as soon as I was 18, and asked her what I should do in Gym class while changing ( I hat strap marks on the back of my legs) I told her that I would tell em that she hurt me. Besides a few slaps in the face, my mom never beat me again.

I always got dissaproving looks from the elders, no matter what I did after that..."bad seed" I guess. Get this, I even went in service after school on Mondays and Weds (opposite tues and thur meettings) And they wonder why so many ex-jw kids end up depressed, sucidial, or abusers themselves.......

Can we stop this thread? Makes me just angry.

"Go Forward, and be Miserable, all you Believers of LIES"

• NoLongerAttendingButStillGood
    NoLongerAttendingButStillGood

This is absolutely ridiculous! I went to meetings from the time I was 6 till about 10 years ago, which is roughly 22 years. I never saw anything like what was described here. Babies were not beaten. We had soundproof rooms at the back of the hall in which nursing moms could see what was going on and also hear what was going on. If babies were fussy the parents usually either walked them back to the hall and walked back and forth to soothe them and if they were just being crabby, then they took them to the nursing room. People in the front could see into this room. No one beat their kids into sinks.

My sister went crazy on her 3 year old daughter at a book study and the people there intervened. The sister next to her grabbed her arm when she started smacking her legs and looked her directly in the eye and said "Jennifer, do you really wish to do this?" My sister was stressed about other things and her daughter was kicking the back of the chair of the person in front of her on purpose to bother them because she didn't get an icecream at McDonalds for dinner. That daughter is now 16.

Most of the parents I know did what I did. I gave my kids their watchtower and they did different things with them. When they were real small, they colored the pictures. Then as they got older, they would circle all the A's or E's a different letter each time, When they got bored with that, then we did pictures again. Later as they were learning to read, we circled all the the's or and's we circled a different word, they were quiet, they were with me and others around me could hear. We brought small blankets when they were young and they even brought their bear. They took a nap and were quiet. There were days when I would start to nod off. No one beat me either. I would just get up and get a drink of water, and come back in.

We learned that those of us with kids would sit towards the back and that way be closer to the back to get away of someone fussed. I did take my kids to the bathroom. 99% of the time I bent down and got to their eye level and told them they needed to stop kicking their sister and I was done telling them.

I believe that half the posts here are from people claiming to be witnesses once and part of the rest are fully exaggerated. I was never baptised, I came back and forth in the truth in my life. It did teach me to respect others and I am truly a good person, just don't go to meetings. We do christmas and birthdays. I will admit that I am one of the weakest christmas spirit people we have because it is still so foreign to me..

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

At my Hall, they actually assigned different 'sisters' to assist with discipline of un-ruley (SP?) children. As a matter of fact, our entire Elder Body was removed for some odd reason, except for one and women were used for various duties in the hall for a while.

Somewhere along the lines someone had a great idea that they should implement a group to stand at the back of the hall in case the kids got uptight. I remember this one lady was coming for a while and her kids actually were a bit out of control, but geez, all of a sudden they have to start going to Church and be quiet for 2 hours straight?

Anyway, one of her kids was throwing a fit and one of the 'sister squad' walked up and grabbed the kid to take in the back (For God knows what), and this lady stands up and screams "Fuck all of you crazy people" - Grabs her kid, storms out the door never to return (Good for her!)

Amazing things you see when you've visited Hell.

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

When I was 3 or 4, mom took me to a JW babysitter. After a few months, my mom noticed that my hair was falling out. It was falling out from nervousness because this JW babysitter was beating me. Thankfully, she stopped taking me there.

When I had my son, I was encouraged by several "sisters" to spank my 6 month old baby when he cried at the meetings.

Sorry, but this is stuff you never forget.

Sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit