Kingdom Hall Spankings

by JH 100 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

and my nephew BIT a little girl because he wanted her attention... DREW BLOOD.
    Well, depending on the age he may not realize what he is getting that spanking for. Discipine needs to be done at the time when the child is young. Mel bit once LOL I bit the pee livin shit out of her (she had bit her brother) SHE never bit again and remembers it. I didn not draw blood though LOL Anthony bit me once when I was nursing him I said NO NO and frowned ended the feeding and that cured him.

• shamus
    shamus

Yes, that is true...

The thing that we all need to consider when disciplining our child in this way is...

1) Does he / she know it is wrong?

2) Does he/she know that he/she is going to get a spanking if this behavior is going to continue?

3) Is the child able to abstain from this type of behavior?

4) Is there anything else that you have not tried?

5) Is it serious enough to warrant one? (did the 2 year old kid just throw food on the floor, or try to run out into traffic for the 3rd time? Is just throwing your food on the floor enough to warant one? I don't think so! Getting KILLED, now that is warrant to...)

You have to be very very careful before spanking a kid. A witness friend of mine said he used to get spankings and did not even know that what he was doing was wrong.... now, that's wrong! Parents need to really ask these questions... some kids NEVER, EVER need a spanking. Just yelling at them is punishment enough...

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I remember this one fat red head lady at vanderbiult mich. hall, she had the cuitest little red head girl about 3 years old, this little girl sat in the chair during meeting so well made no noise nothing, as close to an angle as you ever see. If she moved or anything the old bitch would smack her right their in front of every one. I was right behind her. I so bad wanted to reach up and smack the fu#k our of her and say take it easy you fat f*ck. then thair was the gestopo petrols you know the self appionted assholes who would stand in the back of the hall and run over to any one [ kid ] who moved and would squat down and lecture them during meeting. you know I would rather eat my own vomit then step foot in a kingdom hall again.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Hey I knew someone in Vanderbilt - Jonah - did you know him kilroy ?

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

The very existence of this thread is a sad commentary on the treatment of children by many Jehovah's Witnesses. I too was a victim of and witnessed much physical abuse during my years as a child slave of the Watchtower Corporations. I would give examples but I think enough have been given by a number of individuals here.

The subhuman gristle that constitutes the "governing body" ought to be taken out and caned, in order to afford them an opportunity to empathize with the multitudes of Jehovah's Witness children who have been subjected to physical abuse at the hands of their parents who in many cases were encouraged to engage in such despicable behavior by publications of the Watchtower or the pressure of their peers in the kingdom hall.

Many witnesses will discount these horrid accounts by denial and/or placing the blame on others. However, at our kingdom hall, and at many mentioned in this thread, parents physically abused their children on Kingdom Hall property, with full knowledge of the elders who were present in the hall. Their failure to take action to stop and/or prevent future occurrences is indicative of their tacit approval of such abuse. Jehovah's Witness denials of these events, in addition to being untruthful, are disingenuous at best.

Those who abuse children deserve nothing more than a jail cell, regardless of their religious affiliations.

• Figuring it out
    Figuring it out

I am brand new in posting here but wanted to jump in and say that as a JW who gave 30 years of her life to being spanked and guilted for not being the perfect girl during the meetings it still appalls me that in this day and age it is still going on and that many parents spank their children and do it proudly, as if they are the best example in the world for "keeping their kids robotic" during the meetings. If these parents stopped buying into the BS that oppressing and abusing your child equals being a "good Christian parent" maybe they would be able to follow their hearts and allow their children to be just that CHILDREN. NOT LITTLE ADULTS!!!

I also have a great concern for children who are told that if they don't behave or are not "good" that they will die at Armaggeddon. This is the worst form of abuse because it's mental and emotional abuse and involves instilling great fear and guilt in the child. I speak from experience, I have spent a lot of time and money in therapy to feel safe in my own skin and safe in the world I live in. Thankfully, I am not repeating this mental or physical abuse on my own children . My children being born were the factor in my looking at the whole religion and my own abuse in it. I am no longer attending meetings and for the most part feel OK with this. My husband attends when he can but thankfully is very loving to me and supports me. My children sometimes go with my husband but I communicate with them and try so hard to be right on top of any "Armaggeddon" talk that they might hear.

Thanks for reading, it felt good to get this out in the "open"!

• unique1
    unique1

Oh, yeah, me too. Always in the bathroom, crying the entire way. And if I didn't stop screaming in the bathroom my mom would threaten to keep spanking me. I thought it was normal at the time, but I don't see many other people doing it now that I am older. Most of the moms take the kids who are acting up in the restroom sitting area to play so they won't disturb others.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

How many members of JW, do you think, were raised in JW homes and remain JWs for the rest of their lives? Of those you know, are any of them decent, non-punitive (to children and others) types, or are they all neurotic control freaks?

• Figuring it out
    Figuring it out

neurotic control freaks? They are either neurotic of so damn depressed that they can't get out of their own way. It's very very sad that people choose to live this way. :(

• berten
    berten

I can remember that one little room in our KH (This is between 20 and 30 years ago)

was nicknamed "The Torture Room"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit