Lloyd Evans Patreoff Pool February 2024

by DerekMoors 73 Replies latest social humour

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

I think maybe his grift to new ones coming out has turned out to be a double-edged sword for him. In the past, newly ex JWs latched onto him because he was making a lot of noise against the WT. They were happy to throw their money at him because he seemed to be the busiest, loudest person in the community.

Now, newly out ones won't be as enamored with him. He's not writing a book, working on documentaries, or giving the community the latest scoop on legal cases and everything else WT related. He's barely on social media. If I was newly out, I might look at this guy and think "oh, he does the occasional rebuttal video and phone call... so what? Why would I pay money to have a monthly zoom call and just sit around and shoot the shit with him?" Compare that to JW Thoughts and the rest reporting on Norway, Spain, etc. and he looks like a minor background player, especially to new ones.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

We've mentioned it before- he was used to having a lot of people sending him money each month, while other people did the bulk of the behind-the-scenes work for little or no pay. Now he would have to do a lot more work with lower revenue, and deal with the constant reminders that he outed himself as a lousy person. If he didn't have the drive and energy to do more than the minimum when things were going great, you can imagine how tough it is to do anything channel-related now.

I'm just wondering how many more free trips around the world are his supporters willing to fund, as his output and interest continue to decline.

• Simon
    Simon

I just had a funny thought ...

I bet statistically, Lloyds patreon page is one of the most visited as everyone checks on his count. So someone at Patreon is probably scratching their head thinking "I don't get it, this guy seems to be popular in one way, but then his subscribers are just haemorrhaging away!"

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Something changed after the Aftermath video.
    For a man dependent upon donations who doesn't even seem to take the subject matter at hand seriously anymore, I wouldn't want to be heading into the upcoming financial crisis dependent on 361 pledges that bleeding away at a pace of 20+ a month.

I think the Aftermath video only clued up his newer subbies and those disconnected from the exjw world - eg atheists/ex Mormons - about what's been happening. Easy to Google the rest. Put that together with cost of living and his truly abismal output, both quantity and quality and he's got himself a problem.

I cannot believe the lack of effort given the absolute gold mine of content the JW world has handed him this year and he's reported on literally nothing important. Those stupid Watchtower inspired "questions from readers" style made up, contrived phone call videos & boring rebuttals.

I didn't believe it at first but I actually think he sees a future in his music and/or A & R talent scouting/event organizing etc. I really do. It's got to be the only reason for the iDGAF attitude. That or he realizes he can't do shit without his volunteers talent?🤷🏻‍♀️

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The one thing he has not slacked on is keeping his YT comments cleaned up. The comments in the Aftermath video are 100% supportive, so he has made sure to continue to delete anything negative. I don't know if he's doing this for all of his videos or just certain ones. But that has to be a massive waste of time and energy, especially if he needs to replace the labor that used to go towards making videos. People could post comments on a few of his videos almost at random every few days, and keep him playing whack-a-mole forever.

The problem is, the video itself refers to the "defamation/hate campaign" and even his supporters struggle to explain it without making it sound bad for him. Some of them have tried to soft-stroke it by saying that Kim 'put his infidelity on blast,' as if he had a one-time affair during a moment of weakness. First off, in order to do that you've got to recognize that you're lying to protect a real scumbag. Second, you are saying that Kim is the 'bad guy' for telling everyone, but that it's no big deal that he was unfaithful... with prostitutes... regularly... FOR YEARS.

Thanks to topics like this and the exJW community not letting him skate by, it's not that hard for people to find out the real story. And it is a lot uglier than 'Kim told the world about Lloyd's slight misstep, she's a meanie.' How much work does it take to find lloyevans.info and read the letters to his wife? Because Kim didn't put those on blast, and I think they are way worse than his video confession.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

He can scrub comments and try to control the narrative all he wants, numbers don't lie. If he holds steady at 362 today, that's -26 in one month and -44 over the past two months.

Go back even more, he peaked at 897 in November 2022. That's a 60% loss in 14 months. Nothing has kept his audience; not his "things are bad" or Aftermath video, his little banners begging for funds, his random appearances on patreon, nothing. His latest rebuttal video of the annual meeting has gotten a whopping 13K views in 2 days.

I also wonder how many positive comments on his stuff are fake accounts he's created. Whatever the case, someone needs to stick a fork in him... he's done.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Go back even more, he peaked at 897 in November 2022. That's a 60% loss in 14 months.

What's amazing to me is how poorly he mismanaged this from the start. All because he refused to apologise to the community, continued attacking people and started that crazy lawsuit. If he simply had released a contrite statement, returned two months later and never spoke about this again, it's possible he could have been back at 897 now and climbing. Certainly not this low.

Instead he created a scandal outside the scandal, and kept it burning.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    If he simply had released a contrite statement, returned two months later and never spoke about this again, it's possible he could have been back at 897 now and climbing. Certainly not this low.

Precisely. In my exjw circle, I've been saying the same thing since it happened. He failed at managing the PR crisis tremendously.

Even narcissists don't shy away from apologizing. They don't mean the apology, but they will apologize if failing to apologize means they'll lose any kind of status.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

I feel like calling it at 367, that would make Las Malvinas and Elena tied for the win. What say everyone else?

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

I take that back... he's down to 366 so that would be Forever Alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit