by DerekMoors 73 Replies latest social humour

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I am currently on track to win

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

👍👍

Good luck!

I thought my 368 prediction was a bit too optimistic until today!

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

@Las Mal

Not so fast.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

351 is my guess by next time

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

361 now!!!

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

388 at the beginning of January, 361 right now. That's minus 27 in a month. I'm sure he'll get back a few but it appears people are getting wise to the grift, thank god.

BTW Lloyd, you brought this all on yourself. All of it. This is your responsibility 100%. Stop blaming Kim and the M7 and Watchtower and whomever else you cross paths with today. The fault lies with the guy in the bathroom mirror and no one else.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Would love to hear from The Magnificent 27 to hear why they are ditching the mushroom agnostic..

Sadly someone got there a few years before Lard Lloyd:

I’m becoming agnostic after taking mushrooms after being a die hard catholic
    It’s odd. It’s such a surreal feeling that everything you thought was right, isn’t necessarily bullshit, but it’s skewed in so many ways to help people achieve their own vendettas. My parents found out I smoke weed and I have no idea how they’d react if they found out I love tripping. After taking eighths of mushrooms a bunch of times, I truly believe that something is out there, but god damn it I have no idea what it is. I’m not scared, I just want to trip more.
  • Newly Enlightened
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

I wonder if many of his patrons were watching his appearance on that podcast yesterday and caught sight of some of the comments? Lloyd wasn't in full control of censoring them, might be the first time many became aware of what he's been trying to hide for so long.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Something changed after the Aftermath video. Before then, he would gain patrons during the month, sometimes up to half of what he had just lost. Ever since then, people have been leaving during the month. Could be a change in how Patreon reports it but it would be quite the coincidence given the magnitude of that particular video. The level of exodus has remained the same - roughly 20 or so, but this month we're at almost 30.

I see three factors are at play here - Lloyd's on-going credibility issues and the need to be funded for the work he puts out (especially when he's going on holidays - this time for shrooms) and it makes it all less serious and urgent the way it had once seemed. People have started to tune him out as if he were a once popular television show that has lost the plot in Series 7.

The third factor is economic reasons. There have been huge layoffs in several large companies and it is difficult to find a job that covers the cost of living nowadays. The advent of the new year tends to get people thinking more about their finances and where they can trim some of the wasteful spending. For a man dependent upon donations who doesn't even seem to take the subject matter at hand seriously anymore, I wouldn't want to be heading into the upcoming financial crisis dependent on 361 pledges that bleeding away at a pace of 20+ a month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit