FEB 2016 broadcast

by Grey Goose 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Ugh. How do they listen to this?

They have a unique way of making people feel like sh$t. {{{{shiver}}}}

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

That video was a complete waste of good bread.

• millie210
    millie210
    Marvin Shilmer
    Recently we've had a member share experiences at Bethel who pointed out how positionmeans so much inside Watchtower world. This video thing shows that in living color. When the two men walk onto the set carrying bread loaves the guy with the mic MAKES A POINT of sharing these men who may look like waiters are not actually Bethel waiters (as if anyone CARED!!!) but are, actually, hold on for it... secretaries for GB helpers. Oh my! Thanks the lord!!! I was hoping those two men were not Bethel waiters! I can now breath a sigh of relief for those two! Thanks God they are NOT Bethel WAITERS!
    Now why on earth was pointing out that necessary at all? Because at Bethel position is everything

I thought the same thing. Waiters/not waiters...who cares? In what way was that essential to the theme of the "broadcast"?

Why the mention of their names? Along with their position? It is non essential if they are truly broadcasting to the flock.

So are they really that caught up in their 5 minutes?

Why yes they are.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"The mud or sin is cut away and forever forgotten by Jehovah"

However we keep a permenant record of it in your file and it will follow you from Hall to Hall.

• Pete Zahut
  • prologos
    prologos

these men who may look like waiters are not actually Bethel waiters (as if anyone CARED!!!) but are, actually, hold on for it... secretaries for GB helpers. Oh my! Thanks the lord!!!

wait!! Loesch of GB fame is actually a graduate waiter from Austria , that also produced a paperhanger with similar cosmic ambitions, so, titles, even when hidden matter, now, will that be a glass of water with your bread???

• SAHS
    SAHS

Another implication of being “thrown out in the trash” by God because of having sinned against the holy spirit by supposedly “unforgivable sin” is that apparently any JWs could end up being in that situation just for being dishonest or outwardly deceptive about money given and/or preaching hours spent – such as in the particular case of Ananias and Sapphira, mentioned in Acts chapter 5.

I could never understand why the Watchtower says that the apostle Peter was forgiven for denying Jesus three times, and that wicked Judean kings such as Amon and Manasseh were also forgiven and thus did not commit the unforgivable sin, but Ananias and Sapphira are forever condemned just because they lied about holding back some of the proceeds of the sale of a plot of land they had owned as a contribution to the apostles.

The Watchtower strongly implies that Ananias and Sapphira have sinned against the holy spirit and thus will never get a resurrection, as we can see from the following excerpts:

“Peter miraculously knew about their deceptive scheme, and his judgment indicated that their sin would not be forgiven.” (“https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/god-forgive-me/,” second-from-last paragraph)

“Ananias and Sapphira did not fall prey to a momentary weakness. They schemed and lied in an attempt to deceive the apostles. Worse still, they ‘played false to the holy spirit and to God.’ Jehovah’s response demonstrates in no uncertain terms that he is prepared to protect the congregation from hypocrites. Truly, ‘it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God’!—Heb. 10:31.” (“http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008760#h=21,” paragraph 15)

“Ananias, another early disciple of Jesus, also lied. But God did not forgive either him or his wife, Sapphira. She had agreed with her husband to tell the lie. Let’s see why God did not forgive Ananias and Sapphira.” (“https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20130301/why-tell-the-truth/,” seventh paragraph)

But it seems just ridiculous that on the one hand someone could be “thrown out in the trash” while someone else could do all the bad he could think of and still be forgiven. For example: Don’t forget that King Manasseh, as mentioned in Insight on the Scriptures, Vol. 2, p. 307, “made his sons pass through the fire, practiced magic, employed divination, and promoted spiritistic practices. Manasseh also put the graven image of the sacred pole he had made into the house of Jehovah,” and he “was also guilty of shedding innocent blood in great quantity.” Also, as Insight on the Scriptures, Vol. 1, p. 861 says, he “‘did on a large scale what was bad in Jehovah’s eyes, to offend him,’ including the consulting of professional foretellers of events, who flourished under his rule.” Now, I would think that is one heck of a lot worse – and much more willful and culpable – than just someone lying about the total value of some of their assets from which a donation was being made to the apostles. It’s like someone spitting on the sidewalk versus another person committing mass murder and the one who spat on the sidewalk getting executed while the mass murder hardly gets a small ticket.

So, the practical implication of all of this is that a wife-beating, child-molesting, slanderous, hypocritical asshole of an elder or circuit overseer can get away scot-free while some poor rank-and-file schmuck can (evidently!) commit the unforgivable sin and be eternally damned just for being a bit deceptive about the amount of money he is donating or the number of field service hours he is putting in. That’s, of course, if you were to relate it to the example of Ananias and Sapphira. But that account seen in comparison to those super wicked Judean kings such as Manasseh (I mean, burning your own sons in sacrifice to pagan gods!), who was forgiven just because he later decided to “repent” inside a Babylonian jail cell after being captured by the king of Assyria – well, it just doesn’t add up to me at all. (Like, what’s wrong with this picture!)

From the foregoing, it seems that the implication of the message from the February 2016 broadcast is that it’s okay to be a complete hypocrite asshole, just so long as you don’t do something to sin against the holy spirit. Now, I know that they never mentioned Ananias and Sapphira at all during the broadcast, but isn’t it interesting nonetheless, at least as a side point, that the Watchtower often brings up their example as ones who have sinned against the holy spirit because of the apparently worst, most heinous sin of all – being dishonest about the amount of a monetary donation.

So, basically any lowly JWs could be chucked into the big garbage can; that is, if they commit the unforgivable sin. Who knows what exactly that sin would be. But I’m sure that the Watchtower leaders are only too happy to be the final authority and judge on that one.

• Lieu
    Lieu

According to them, only the 'annointed' have HS. Everyone else is fine.

Ephesians 4:30 KJV

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are "sealed" unto the day of redemption.

His video session doesn't apply to 98% of JWs. .... You can't grieve what you don't have.

• Rather Be the Hammer
    Rather Be the Hammer

I just watched the beginning of this video. To me it looks like they are talking their way out of the abuse-case: whatever severe, gross and awful sin ... (Like hiding abuse, lying in court) It can be forgiven. Jehovah will not discard people who do that. 1-0 for the FDS.

But talking against Jehovah's spirit (read: being against his witnesses? Or having a lawsuit against them?) will never be forgiven. 2-0 for FDS 🙄

I think it's weird, until now the 'sin against the spirit' was something unknown, right? It was something quite blurry and vague. (Or at least it was until 2004 when I quit trying to understand the JW stuff.) How convenient that they now know the specifics of this sin against the spirit.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Absolute arseholes.

Getting crazier with each passing day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit