FEB 2016 broadcast

by Grey Goose 126 Replies latest jw friends

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown
    Grey Goose

My original thought (which is usually the most accurate) regarding this, is that they were using bread as a visual aid as a type of subconscious reminder to not eat of the bread this year if you do not want to grieve, or even sin, against the holy spirit...Bit suspect they use a bread illustration the month before the memorial...

A subtle warning from the Governing Body that partaking of the bread and wine unworthily could incur the Second Death. A warning? The Seven should also be very afraid lest they suffer the same fate.

This demonstration appears to be disrespectful of the Memorial Celebration.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I'm here to chew gum and make bird food ....and I'm all out of gum.

So sayeth Jehovah

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Did he at any point actually offer a definition of "sinning against the Holy Spirit"?
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

My original thought (which is usually the most accurate) regarding this, is that they were using bread as a visual aid as a type of subconscious reminder to not eat of the bread this year if you do not want to grieve, or even sin, against the holy spirit...Bit suspect they use a bread illustration the month before the memorial...

Yes if definitely is, especially when you consider the timing of this with the memorial being around the corner. What a pathetic display. Also it's hard to stomach how dumbed down this information is - it's almost as if 2 year olds are the target audience.

I truly hope the number of partakers goes up again. That would be fantastic.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

No, I don't think he does define what constitutes sinning against the Org...huhum...sorry, I mean holy spirit.

I'm sure the application will be revealed in a future broadcast....I can feel it in my buns.

• bohm
    bohm
    Did he at any point actually offer a definition of "sinning against the Holy Spirit"?

No, he didn't have any fingerpaint so it will have to wait.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    "Did he at any point actually offer a definition of "sinning against the Holy Spirit"?"

No Flodin didn't cut the mustard when it came to defining, clarifying or simplifying what 'sinning against the Holy Spirit' is or isn't. But as to whether he added confusion into the mix....he sure as hell did!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Is he a candidate for GB? Is Flodin anointed? Are there m/any anointed left at bethel in a position to be promoted?
  • sir82
    sir82

I truly hope the number of partakers goes up again. That would be fantastic.

It's gone up by several hundred per year for the past 5 or 6 years. It's over 15,000 now.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    If brothers don't take a hint not to partake they should repeat the exercise again next year this time using unleavened bread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit