Hoping I can stay

by allyson 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Boy Allyson you picked the wrong religion to get yourself involved in for so many reasons, not just because your Transgender.

And you really like the ancient Hebrew god Yahweh the genocidal murdering god ? , this god doesn't like Transgender people either or the people who worship him which your going to find out sooner or later.

Good luck on your journey nevertheless.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Sorry to say it but there is no way they will accept you as a trans woman. The congregation is nice to you, and they will be while you're studying, all of us on here can confirm that that goes once you're baptised.

BUT you can't ever get baptised as a JW as a trans woman - they simply won't allow it.

They can't stop you attending by meetings as infinitum as a non baptised person. That's your best bet if you want to stay.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Why would you want to be a part of an organisation that views you as unclean, mutilated, and plain wrong?

They will show you no respect. They will not accept you for who you are.

Leave now while you still have your dignity. DO NOT discuss these matters with Elders. They have no right imposing themselves into your privacy.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Leave now while you still have your dignity. DO NOT discuss these matters with Elders. They have no right imposing themselves into your privacy.

Stickinarut2 is right, the elders have no control over you as an unbaptized person. If you're drawn to this religion because you think it's "nice" then you're not in the right religion. JWs do that to draw you in to hope you get baptized. It's not like that once you're a member.

If you're drawn to it because you think it's "the truth" then that's another matter. But, clearly, you dont think it's true in all aspects because they dont accept you as a trans person.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Allyson

You can stay but just come to the meeting exactly when it starts, sit on the back row, and make as little eye contact with others as possible.

Welcome.

Rub a Dub

• lettersfromthevoid
    lettersfromthevoid

How fast can you run in heels?

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Allyson,

you sound like a lovely person but take it from me, someone who was in this religion for over 60 years, it is not all it seems. I'm sure the people in the congregation do love you but it will only be conditional and you are also being loved bombed because you are new - and they are probably counting the time they spend with you. I know that maybe we all sound a bit cynical but it's because between us we have so much experience with this religion.

You are comfortable with who you are, do not let them force you to change.

Keep us up to date with how things go.

Much love

xx

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just wait until you get baptized. It will no longer be so much fun, and they will expect much field circus out of you. True, they will not expect you to revert to your pre-operation sex, but you will be denied sex (you will be deemed homosexual if you are a woman through this operation and you have sex with men). Is celibacy for you? If so, by all means stay in the jokehovian religion because you will be expected to maintain it.

Not to mention the other rules. Just wait until they start pushing you to doing ever more. Pious-sneer. Quit whatever job you have to do more in field circus. Quit celebrating all those holidays (birthdays, too) that they deem "pagan". All your fun gone. All your time, too. They even control your entertainment--listen to "bad" songs or watch a "bad" movie, and expect the hounders to show up. And you will be herded through whatever stupid rules your a$$embly might have, including pressure to donate beyond what you reasonably can. (And the one towel rule--and obeying the signs--and possibly having to stay with your congregation part or all the time during the event.) Once you are baptized, they lower the boom. Right now, they might be lax because they want you to think it is reasonable, but once you are all the way in, they won't be so lax.

Yes, it hurts to leave now. But, it hurts much worse when they make so many rules, and then throw you out for breaking one of them. Better to take the bee sting now than a fer de lance snake bite at that time.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember more than twenty years ago someone told me that I mom's Cong there was a trans, they always compared him to RuPaul, anyway, of course he got the talk from elders, which I'm sure basically said if you don't Identify with being man you cannot be a part of Jehovah's Organization.

I have a feeling you love them now is because you're being love bombed, they welcome you and hope you see the light your self that you are doing what is wrong is Jah's eyes. In your future you will be SO GLAD you got out of such a dangerous controlling CULT

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh sweetie, why would you want to subject yourself to the cold, cruel scrutiny of a bunch of men who know jack about squat and ultimately their judgement of you that will inevitably follow?

Are you prepared to detransition for this org? They may ask you to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit