Hoping I can stay

by allyson 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jayk
    Jayk
    The witnesses arent that progressive. Nothing wrong with being trans but it would be kinda funny to me if you slept with a few brothers or with some elder and that's how it got found out..
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

allyson--why are you exTROLLing the watchtower?

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Allyson,

A couple hard truths.

1) Do not tell them you communicated online with ex-JW's. That will be a big red flag.

2) JW's are a nice and friendly community, but you ave no idea how closed off, simple minded, and judgmental the leadership requires these otherwise very nice and kind people to be.

3) Once discovered by the mass of the congregation as a transgender, you will most likely experience some sort of phobia and maybe worse.

4) WHY, are you studying with a fundamentalist religion considering your background? Are you in an area without the support of a strong LGBTQ community? Have you critically researched the teachings of JW's around Blood, Child abuse, 1914 and their exclusive appointment before God, and disfellowshipping/shunning? You should. PM me if you would like to speak further.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

@allyson

Don't fall for the love Bombs that your congregation bestows upon you. Its all fake. And this religion is full of deceit and lies. I had personally experienced this.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Allyson. I'm sorry for what you are going through. As if you haven't been through enough already. They will use their Bible to really fuck you up. Be prepared to be wrongly judged. I'm so sorry. I love and respect you.

• a watcher
    a watcher

allyson, focus on your personal relationships with Jehovah and Jesus. You are at the Kingdom Hall to serve Jehovah, not men.

Don't let the elders bully you. Just keep telling them how much you love Jehovah and that you will do only as much as you are able to do.

Do as much as you can do for Jehovah, and as much as the elders will allow you to do.

You may have to remain chaste, as I'm not sure if any intimate relationship would be appropriate for you.

Don't give up on Jehovah. He's your only chance of everlasting life.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I love studying and learning about Jehovah. I believe in him so much now, but I'm a trans woman, having GRS 12 years ago and starting hormones 20 years ago. The Congregation found out a week ago. Meeting with the Elders soon, but feel that I should leave and I just feel so sad now.

Good luck. As sensitive and understanding as I'd like to be, I can assure you that they are going to give you some bullshit about homosexuality, probably citing some bible verse from I-forgot-where, and telling you that Jehovah will help you stay in your biological gender.

When it comes to sexuality, the Wt's teachings are very archaic. They don't even get basic human sexuality right, leave alone gender identity or sexual orientation. Don't expect a lot of love from them in that regard.

In the city where I live there are plenty of resources from transgender people and their spirituality. I think that aside from this forum, find some support group for trans women. That may give you at least some understanding from people who are also transgender and integrating healthy spirituality in their lives.

BTW, they don't call it "GRS" anymore. The right term is "Gender Confirmation Surgery", not "Gender Reassignment Surgery".

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You have dodged a bullet, learning fairly early in your association that this organization will never accept you for who you are, which tells you that this is not, nor ever could be, the truth or anything you want to be a part of. They most likely will want you to assume the gender of your birth.

Walk away and be happy, many of us wasted years before we figured it out.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

The congregation will only love you if you fit into their little mold. Please don't be fooled by them, they jave no idea what unconditional love is.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Hi Allyson,

I'm guessing you called into the Atheist Experience about four weeks ago.

Am I right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit