What do you think?

by Tahoe 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    NotFormer: WT's default reaction is to double down. The trouble with telling yourself and everyone around you that you are always right is that everyone starts believing it. In life, even the things that you could originally claim to be right about can change, so that you become wrong. If you believe that you are always right, you won't make the necessary changes.

👍👍

What an excellent summation. It really nails so much of the jw mindset.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Communication between bethel and government over legal issues??

Holy smokes!!!

What other way would there be?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Ron.W.: "What an excellent summation. It really nails so much of the jw mindset."

The first half of WT history is about them taking strong stances on various issues. The latter half is about them now facing the consequences of those strong stances and trying to distance themselves from those stances without admitting they were wrong in the first place.
    I wonder how those still alive who were alive during the first half feel today. The GB are among those. I wonder if in private moments they admit to themselves that it all seems to have gone terribly wrong.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

That’s the type of tactical blunder True Believers make.

They’d convinced themselves they were God’s Chosen, and therefore never in a million years thought they could be wrong…

…and even if they did, Armageddon would come and bail them out, anyway, so why worry?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    NotFormer - “…The CO was using the stick; the WT needs more carrots…”

Hmph.

Personally, I think at this point, the Org’s carrot and stick are pretty much indistinguishable.

😒

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

If You Are Struggling In Your Business You Need To Read This

JW's are just tired of working for their salvation in my opinion. I think a lot of people are starting to see the simplicity of Christ.

2 Cor. 11: 3 - I fear... as the serpent deceived Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

It is also a far superior offer than what the WT requires:

"In effect, Jesus also conveys Jehovah’s voice to us as he directs the congregation through “the faithful and discreet slave.” (Matt. 24:45) We need to take this guidance and direction seriously, for our everlasting life depends on our obedience."
    Watchtower 2014 Aug 15 p.21

But God's word says the opposite of the WT:

to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (Romans 4: 4-5).

It is your singular belief that saves you. Why does God require belief instead of obedience in order to be saved? Simple, While I cannot always be obedient, I can always believe that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

In Acts 16:31, a man asked the apostle Paul how to be saved. Paul’s simple response was, “Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.” The way to follow God’s plan of salvation is to believe. That is the only requirement (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8–9). God has provided for our salvation through Jesus Christ, not an organization. All we must do is receive it, by faith, fully trusting in Jesus alone as Savior (John 14:6; Acts 4:12).

That is God’s simple plan of salvation. When we reject it, there will always be someone willing to accomodate our disbelief and provide a hampster wheel for us to sweat on for them instead. The WT is not the only hampster wheel to choose from ya know.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Its the ""not having to die"" mindset of the JWs.

What keeps the victims working is that mindset plus that fictional paradise.

Combined with that sunk cost fallacy..

It really is all about Jesus.🙂

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit