Counterproductive.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"If you can't do the job, get out!"

I think I'd take him up on that offer.

Real quick.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Also, ineffective management. Yelling is a piss poor motivator.

It's not the local brothers who can stem the exodus. That's a problem for the organization. It's obviously systemic.

Surprised they haven't cut off Zoom for the meetings.

Although I'm skeptical it would do much. Many people have left for good and aren't coming back.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hopefully, every word is true.

13 years ago during a particularly unpleasant talk given by the Circuit Overseer, I got up, collected my things, and walked out. My hubby had recently stopped attending at the time but I was trying to "stay faithful".

Neither Baalam's Ass nor I ever set foot in a KH since.

That asshole did us a giant favor. By acting so blatantly UnChrist-like he was the straw that broke my resolve to "stay in the truth" no matter what. Once away from the constant brainwashing, we had enough courage to honestly examine our religion.

One can only hope that millions more will be triggered by something or someone to realize that the rot in the organization comes from the top down.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Covid removed a lot of people from the constant indoctrination.

Some put their cameras on and kept on participating.

Others kept cameras off and mentally checked out.

Then there were the ones who only checked in to the meeting and then did whatever else they wanted just in order to keep up appearances.

Rooting for people to just give up logging into Zoom meetings at all.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Great Teacher - I expect fewer on Zoom and even fewer at in person meetings. Recently a Brother who used to shun me started speaking again. That spoke volumes to me.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"If you can't do the job, get out!"

How many "malicious compliance" stories start that way? Is the CO prepared for people to take him at his word?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit