An upcoming Watchtower article saying if people Pioneer Jehovah will provide!

by LongHairGal 33 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I saw the post on Reddit and the thread got many responses..Can anybody believe the religion is still saying this?? It has to be as plain as day that so many JWs are poor and struggling Today because they never got a career or decent job years ago.

Sadly, there are still Witnesses who believe money will fall from heaven if they are in the full-time ministry. They expect some miracle to occur..But, we all know the truth: people in the congregation will be hit up for yet more money for another bunch of irresponsible people pursuing poverty.

So many outraged posters there have posted their personal experience...Every day more Witness Baby Boomers are reaching retirement age unprepared. I expect as time goes on we will hear the full extent of this horror.

I’m just so Glad I’m not active in this religion anymore!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Very true LHG ,I thank my lucky stars ,figure of speech mind you ,I don`t really in case someone takes me literally ,

I always had a work ethic ,that you need money to survive in this world until God stepped in .Even though I was a die -hard JW I still believed you had to have a good paying job as a back up ? And I was fortunate enough to land one after much pursuing it. I think I applied for the job I finally landed after 3/4 attempts and they gave it to me and said I was a "True Aussie Battler"

I worked there for 28 years .before retiring. And we now own our own home paid outright.

I laugh when I hear about JW`s who say I`m going to live in this house or that house after the big A ,There will be no electricity ,gas ,sewerage ,internet ,etc,etc,unless their are people to man these utilities ?

They think Jehovah is a magician who is going to provide these things ?

The Bible clearly shows Jehovah God has never ever done anything of the sort

Whatever man has ever achieved it`s always been what man has accomplished on his own.

Never anything ever to do with a God

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Jehovah's Witnesses should apply their "miracle-money" falling from heaven to the Watchtower. If Jehovah will provide miracles, then the Watchtower should "no longer" need any contributions from anyone.

Jehovah will just cause a "miracle" to happen and money will "just appear" in the Watchtower's bank account.

Jehovah's Witnesses are "mental" cases because the Tower is mentally ruined. The blind leading the blind!

Atlantis!

• SadElder
    SadElder

And yet they teach that with the death of the apostles miracles ceased. So which is it then miraculous provisions of money or not? Ask a dub about that and listen to them choke up.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    So many outraged posters there have posted their personal experience...Every day more Witness Baby Boomers are reaching retirement age unprepared. I expect as time goes on we will hear the full extent of this horror.

My cousin retired a couple of years ago. She gets a Social Security check for $1,100 a month. She's lucky that she lives with her elderly mom, who she takes care of. If it wasn't for her mom, she doesn't know how she would survive.

She told me, '' I wish I would of gone to college when I had the chance.'' Her father was an elder all his life. She was told not to attend college, because Armageddon would come at any time. It would be a waste of time.

LongHairGal: Here is my cousin acting as a High School Counselor at an assembly 12 years ago, which I started a thread. You cannot make this up!

2010 Circuit Assembly..........Sunday Program nonsense and madness.

There were 2 sisters who got up and had a dramatization about a sister not wanting to go to College. I will paraphrase as best as I can.

High School Counselor: ''Have a seat Karen and I will show you all the College applications I have for you.''

Sister: ''Thank you for all the work you have done.''

Counselor: '' I have an application from Harvard, one from Michigan University, and a couple from the East Coast.''

Sister: '' I have done a lot of thinking and decided not to go to any College."

Counselor: ''Karen, you have a 4.0 grade average and scored very high on the A.C.T. and you would have no problem getting into any of these schools."

Sister: '' As you know, I'm a Jehovah's Witness and we believe that we are near the ''end times.'' I decided that I will go into the preaching work part time and maybe go to a 2 year school."

Counselor: ''You will probably get into these schools at almost no cost because of your 4.0 average and high A.C.T. scores and have a good career the rest of your life.These are great schools and will prepare you to land a good job.''

Sister: ''This world is passing by and may not be here any longer. I decided to enter the ministry work and Jehovah God will provide for me in the future."

Everyone applauded except me. That was really sad to see!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Yep. The world is passing. And we ain't on it. Just like the kid looking through the window at the candy store.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Sadly, there are still Witnesses who believe money will fall from heaven if they are in the full-time ministry. They expect some miracle to occur..But, we all know the truth: people in the congregation will be hit up for yet more money for another bunch of irresponsible people pursuing poverty.

The thing is that you will find such people in almost every religion. Such JW's would have been poor even if they weren't JW's.

I strongly feel that sometimes hard work, financial sense, and future planning are never the forte of some people, and being a JW, non-JW, or Ex-Jw doesn't change that. The inherent characteristic of a person remains unchanged irrespective of whether he belongs to a cult or not.

That's why you have congregations where you will have a mix of the super-rich and super poor elders, and super-rich and super poor pioneers, and the same with publishers too.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Bible: The Apostle Paul made tents and sold them (probably to Roman soldiers) to support himself as a fulltime minister.

Watchtower: Be a fulltime minister (Pioneer) and Jehovah will provide for.

Question: Did you get your current job because -

1. you applied for it and you were the most qualified applicant or
    2. Jehovah temporarily removed your employer's freewill and mind-controlled your employer into hiring you?

Also, I remember my father also reminding of what Jesus said in the Gospels. That Jehovah provides -

• Food
    • Clothing

Jesus even admitted he had no place to lie his head at night. He also said to be satisfied with just food and clothing.

Why the confusion with the Watchtower? No Job = No Donations

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I was looked down upon by those pioneers for having a service to repair their hoppie cars that where abused. I was expected to give theocratic discounts to this people regardless of the cost to my business. Which I did not do discounts. Business was Business. I'm glad I followed my worldly advice of a teacher and never fell for that pioneering crap.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It's really the Watchtower's own version of prosperity gospel

The bigger donation to Watchtower = the greater the Blessings for you - Jah will provide!

(Funny how Watchtower isn't willing to take a chance on earning a crust by making large charitable donations, too! 🤔)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit