An upcoming Watchtower article saying if people Pioneer Jehovah will provide!

by LongHairGal 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I was told growing up in the "Trooth " that Geehovah would provide if I would do Watchtower stuff. Forget about education. All this was told by a self righteous elder/pioneer. 25 years later, I live in a million dollar home, drive an 95 thousand dollar truck, have some college. All because I did not listen to Watchtower BS. Face it does not work. You need to work!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I turned out very lucky. Didn't even think about college and got a job as a mail clerk, figuring that the end would come and life would be sorted out after that. Ended up taking advantage of an opportunity to get into IT (by building the department from the ground up at the same place where I was a mail clerk) and developed it into a career. Got a promotion to IT Manager just as I was beginning a long, slow fade out of the organization.

I think that made it easier to cope when I finally realized I wasn't a believer in god. I had my life in order emotionally and mentally, and as a bonus my finances were in good shape. I don't want to imagine what it would have been like, had I come to that realization while still earning poverty-level wages in my mid 40s.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

I'm still haunted by the memory of an older couple who spent their whole lives in the "full time service". Never earned much money in their "secular work", no pension or savings other than Social Security (which was not much as they didn't work or earn much).

The one asset they had was their house.

Which they sold upon reaching retirement age, with the idea that "this will surely be enough money to live on, renting a home, until the end of this system of things, and we can continue pioneering".

10-15 years later, the proceeds of the sale of the house ran out. He was in his late 70s and had to go get a job. Struggled for years as his energy declined, but had to work. Then he gets a terminal illness.

Went to visit, close to the end. He was dead long before his heart stopped beating. An utter look of defeat and futility in his eyes. Scarcely said a word. "God only knows" what was running through his mind. There certainly were no happy retellings of a "life full of Jehovah's blessings" while paging through a photo album like they show in the JW Broadcast videos.

Hey JW lurkers, there's your future in a nutshell, if you heed the WT's advice that "somehow, Jehovah will provide".

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was struck by the absolute certainty that they wrote about miraculous gifts to sustain you if you trust..

“10 When we listen to the fine shepherd and stop being unduly anxious about material needs, we can be sure that Jehovah will provide for us. (ReadPsalm 37:5; 1 Pet. 5:7) Consider the situations mentioned in paragraph 5. Until now, Jehovah may have used a family head or an employer to help us care for our daily needs. If the family head is no longer able to do so or if we lose our job, Jehovah will take care of us in some other way. He will provide. Let us now consider something else that the fine shepherd urges us to stopdoing”

The danger is that some of them will actually believe it ....

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FFGHOST:

That is such a sad story you tell about this older couple.

The point being:..it’s not that we don’t all eventually get sick and die. It’s that Witnesses who take the foolish gamble they did have put themselves through UNNECESSARY hardship and struggle IN THEIR OLD AGE. Their bodies are weaker with diminished stamina and they find themselves in many cases having to do manual labor (which is probably all they are qualified to do and maybe the only work available)..They are forced to function as though they were still 45 years old !!!

This is not the only story I have heard of about JWs selling homes and living off the proceeds to pioneer…This all sounds like a repeat of what Witnesses did before 1975. Maybe if the religion didn’t try to hide this embarrassing fiasco there would be fewer people repeating the same foolish mistakes today. In a similar vein, I have also heard of JWs who dropped out of the workforce before their actual retirement age to go live in exotic locales. I think they imagined the money they saved would last until ‘Armageddon’. But, rumor has it they were asking the ‘friends’ to send them money! This is an awful predicament, in my opinion, for people over 60 years of age to find themselves in. 👎

• hoser
    hoser

Part of the problem is circuit overseers “encouraging” members to sell their homes. Money doesn’t last very long once you start using up the principal, especially in high inflationary times. Of course the watchtower won’t give good financial advise because they don’t understand the economic system themselves.

• Biahi
    Biahi

They should sell their homes, then send the proceeds to the WT corporation. Surely, Armageddon is right around the corner!!

• hoser
    hoser

The watchtower corp should sell their assets and rent until the end of the system.

• Davros
    Davros

It always amazes me. JW's love to often quote 1 Cor 14:33 (...not a God of disorder but of peace...), .

But yet, have nothing in place, no programs, no pension, nothing that will take care of those who gave up their whole life for the organization. All they are doing is throwing the responsibility and burden to the rank and file in the congregations who actually have jobs to take care of these people.

It sucks that they throw people out like spoiled leftovers.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The Bible is an enabler for the WT religion! That should tell you JW lurkers something about the Bible. When the WT makes statements saying Jehovah will provide for his people and when the WT quotes something from the Bible for support, they are oftentimes applying the Bible verses properly. The Bible actually does say that Yahweh/Jehovah/the LORD will provide for those who serve him. So JW lurkers, ask yourselves if something is wrong with some of the teachings of Bible.

Many of faithful Jews who went to Nazi concentration camps also began to realize that maybe something was wrong with the Hebrew Holy Scriptures (OT Bible) and that maybe their God (the LORD/YHWH) doesn't exist or doesn't care for them.

Think about these things JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit