New ANTI-GAY video for Kids on jw.org

by ttdtt 234 Replies latest jw experiences

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Doubtfully Yours: Young kids see things as black and white. They decided to cover just one aspect of their teachings on sexual conduct and focused on homosexuals. A mature JW would understand that homosexuals are just as wrong as any fornicators. This also includes heterosexual parents who are not married. However, looking at this video, how likely is the kid to ask his school mates: “Hey, are your parents married? No? Then, they won’t make it through the metal detector!” It is obvious that this video will generate discrimination based on sexual orientation rather than spiritual beliefs.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Doubtfully Yours: Concerning home-school, I could not disagree more. I was raised a JW and attended school. One of the reasons I have a strong character today is precisely due to the fact that I learned to challenge the group’s thinking while standing up for my beliefs. It also allowed me to compare myself against the bests in various areas such as sport, mathematics, history, etc. and to push myself to excellence.

I have personally seen others be home-school and noticed that they were either behind expected results socially, emotionally or academically speaking. If they don’t learn how to deal with the world outside as kids, how will they face the world as adults?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I believe the video was done tactfully and in good taste.

It's a very tough subject to cover with children in this "everything goes/everything is correct as long as you're not hurting anyone" world we live in.

The video does not incite hate/violence, just exposes how the JW God sees this lifestyle.

DY

• Lisbet
    Lisbet
    I loved how they used Adam and Eve as an example. After all, that marriage worked out so well for humanity.
  • Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

http://www.gaystarnews.com/

The video is here

I have been contacted by The Mirror and so have several other ex jws about this video.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Yes, SL, I agree that there's a socialization disadvantage for homeschooled children. However, this type of online/real-life classroom style model of homeschooling does meet the education requirements for Public School here in the States.

Socialization, well, that's definitely an issue.

DY

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Doubtfully Yours: If they had to cover homosexuality, why didn't they cover single mothers who have kids outside of marriage? Sophia: "My friend only has ONE mother - NO father..." I don't question their right to have their own ideas on morality. What I have a problem with is that they focused an entire video on homosexuals alone.
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    .... does meet the education requirements for Public School

Its not because its legal that I should agree with it :) By the way, I was bullied in school for two years. Largely because I was a JW: It was the worst period of my life. However, I lived through it and passed it. In the end, I believe I am much stronger today because of that experience. I can now both sympathise with victims and fearlessly face adversity.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Called a JW mom that has her kids in this homeschool program and she answered that the kids interacted with non-JW kids when they covered gym/sports, lab, library work with the help with a local public school and library; that these programs are created for homeschooled kids and that it works very well for either religious schools as well.

So, the JW kids do interact with non-JW kids weekly, however, it's done in a 'supervised' manner.

Here's the thing: These devout JW parents want their kids to grow up JW and remain JW throughout their lives. They sincerely believe is the best way for their children to live their lives.

DY

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Can it really have had this many shares?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit