JW's that tried to Blackball my Hubby in work , since D/A

by LyinEyes 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Many of you know that my husband's work is fixing hail damage in cars, and that we have traveled for 10 years from Colorado, Texas, OK, Kansas, etc. But those mainly were his best contacts , and also all JW's in the business.

Last summer one of our best contacts who lives in CO, called to tell my husband that he had a hail storm hit that very day, and said that since he has D/A himself he will no longer work him. I understand that some may not let their conscience do that being firm JW believers. But truth be told this man, drinks to the point of being an alchoholic, he is shady in his business,,,,well more than shady but you get the idea. He has all kinds of people that his religion tells him is bad association working for him, people who are cheating on their wives, people into drugs, people that some would say are not the best kind of folks, no morals what so ever. But that is fine,,,,,,,,,I am not judging them here, I am just saying that by my hubby d/a himself because he just doesnt agree with the WT anymore he is worse than they are. This brother i am talking about has even worked d/f people but I can tell you being an apostate is the worst thing you can be ,,,,,,,,,even worse than a child molestor.........

My hubby had another contact in Dallas, a brother who said if he was just d/f he would have worked him but being D/A he could not. But at least he was nice about it and tried to give Denny some names of someone who he knew who might could give him some new contacts.

My husband did find some new contacts......."worldly" people in the dent business and let me tell you they are horrified at what the other JW dent guys are doing, by not working Denny.

In fact there was a group of many of them who went out to dinner and the topic was all about JW's their shunning, double standards and lack of loyalty in the business. In the dent business so many of them have a code, if it hails in your town, you call me and if it hails in my town I will call you, and this has worked out good for everyone.

But it is a good feeling that instead of regretting our decision to d/a ourselves, that now things are turnign around and the JW's are the ones getting the bad name. People are seeing them in a whole new light now, and have refused to give some of them a call when it hails in their town, simply because they know Denny or have gotten to know Denny and that he is a good person, loyal, and a hard worker.

More and more we are hearing what people really think of JW's and how they think they are crazy for the way they treat others.

Somethign that happened , is really funny, ........ the new contact that Denny went to work for in Dallas, he has heard about and kind of knew him thru word of mouth. Well he hired Denny on the spot and said that he was so glad to have Denny working for him,,,,,,,, because he is almost a legand, ( his words) in the dent business for being fast, dedicated and can fix alot of dents that many can't.

This man, said that ..........here is the totally weird part.............he said that he has been praying to Jehovah to send him a good worker ........OMG,,,,,, turns out the man was raised a witness and his mom is still a witness in the Dallas area. The man is not really a JW believer but still prays to God using Jehovah's name,,,,,,,He is just a regular guy who like to drink beer, and he smokes, so he is not baptized or trying to live up to JW standards.

Denny just laughed and said,,,,,,,,told him his story and the man laughed and said he couldnt believe that....... they went out and had dinner and a beer and talked some more. Turns out he doesnt care about Denny not being a JW , he is still grateful for the help .

Talk about a small world huh?

All in all, the good guy does come out a winner in this story.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Interesting account LyinEyes: I too provide a service for which I am highly regarded. And over the years had worked for many J-duds. I was burned so often and treated so poorly that I slowly begged off from doing any work for them. In the end I make more money, (no dud discounts) never get ripped off, (last bad check was an elder in my own Hall) and am much happier! I recommend kissing off all J-duds in business. They have NO ethics, do crappy work, are ungrateful, and will backstab you in a minute. I have found the higher in the food chain the J-dud is the lazier he is. You will be blessed for being rid of them. Maverick

• jgnat
    jgnat

I remember how devastated he was at the backlash, so many months ago. I had this feeling, in the long run, he would end up better than before. And doesn't it feel good that he is regarded for his work, not for his standing in the congregation?

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Dede,

I'm so glad you have posted this thread about the reaction of <gasp> worldly people to the horrible shunning that goes on. Especially with work contacts.

The same thing is happening here with my hubby's business. He's a developer who, in the middle of a 10 townhouse project, stood up for the Silentlambs issue and was "marked". In February we were DF'd "because the elders felt we were apsotates"!! (no incident, no 2 witnesses, etc) Anyway, at work he had to find all new crews for framing, roofing, drywall, painting, etc, (you get the picture). But the new crews want to know why the old crew left (making sure it wasn't over non-payment issues) and when the new crews hear about the treatment hubby is getting from the JWs they are livid! It is really getting alot of good workers in this area aware of how jws act and they want NOTHING to do with them.

Dede, I hope your hubby's business grows and grows with his good reputation. It only hurts the shunners to shun others.

j2bf

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Dede

I'm so glad to hear this. I too remember how down you both were when the Witnesses blackballed him. Maybe there is such a thing as karma.

Hugs

• shamus
    shamus

Witness business is bad business. The employees that I had were CRAPPY. Their work-ethic was CRAPPY, b/c I was a dub. I got ripped off $650.00 and couldn't take the weiner to court. Why? IT WOULD LOOK BAD FOR JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION. I was not the only person whom this guy ripped off.

Not working for someone b/c they are DF'd??? Give me a freakin' break.

Anyone out there, take heed of everyone's advice. DON'T LET WITNESSES DO WORK FOR YOU.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What a GREAT story!

I'm glad things are working out well for you.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

People "need" dubs in their life only if they "think" they need dubs in their life. In my experience, employment goes a lot more smoothly without the jw-isms attached.

You da'd yourselves....guess you figure you don't need 'em anymore...I'm prouda you! This is a great start on your new healing path....dub-free!!! You Go Girl!!!!!

Love ya,

ESTEE

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

OK DEDE,

I will not give too much info here because I know some locals are still watching what Joy and I say. As Joy said I had to replace most of the subcontractors on my job, even before we were DF'd because of our public exposure of the WT on the child molestation issue.

There was one JW friend who I thought might be willing to stay with the project and call it business as his justification. When I called him he promptly said NOPE! Why would I expect anything else? Because while I was still an elder in the congregation 3 years ago and he was DF'd for gross immoral behavior with a young sister I still used him on my projects. Yes, I told his brother and his father who owned the business that I did not mind him coming on the job to do the work.

Now he is reinstated and I am out for taking a stand, especially against the child molestation policy, but he will no longer come on the job site.

What is REALLY ironic about this is that his own wife is messed up from being molested as a child.

If I gave it more thought I might change my mind but right now the word HYPOCRISY comes to mind.

Jstlaws

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I felt very good about the replies you guys wrote,,,,and yes , just as I have seen with my own eyes,,,,,the word hypocrites, suits many of them to a tee.

It was hard to make our decision knowing full well what the outcome would be. We knew it would be like starting over, after all my hubby was one of the first to be trained in the paintless dent repair over 10 yrs ago when it took flight as a new way to fix cars. He invested over 10 years building his reputation and good contacts , and in a few weeks , he lost it all, even thou he has his own business the way it works to make it thru the winter you need to have contacts where it hails.

It was a harder winter for us this year because of that but we made it , and we learn alot, we learned alot about friends, loyalty and standing up for what you believe in, even if you seem to lose somethings at first. Most of all we did gain,,,,,, self respect, and my husband was true to himself . There have been bitter moments over it, but all in all, we are letting that go,,,,,,, especially now that so many of the JW's are making total idiots of themselves by their comments to others. People who were never JW's just dont understand the code of JW's,,,,,,,, thank God. Well the blackballing has turned on them and when they need work , there are so many, without anythig being said by my husband,,,,, will not get a call, or when they call for work, they will be turned down for their unloving ways. Most of the dent guys have families and have been thru hard winters when there was no work, many of them have to spend long periods of time away from their families. So it didnt set well, with so many of the non JW dent guys that the ones who claimed to be our "brothers" would leave us out in the cold so to speak,,,,,,,all I can say is,,,,,,,,, they sure are giving a good witness for the JW ,,,,,,,,,,LOL,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit