JW's that tried to Blackball my Hubby in work , since D/A

by LyinEyes 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Soledad
    Soledad

Dede Im most grateful that you posted that. I hope everything continues to go well with your hubby.

What goes around most definitely comes around

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    If anything, I think Witnesses tend to be especially conscious of the quality of their work, knowing that it reflects on Jehovah.

I am sorry to disagree. That is how it ought to be, but my experience has taught me to be wiser. Only of several "Brothers" that have done jobs for me could be recommended. I had decided not to use witnesses again before going inactive.

Good to hear your story, Dede. , And some insight to the dent business..

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    If anything, I think Witnesses tend to be especially conscious of the quality of their work, knowing that it reflects on Jehovah.

I am sorry to disagree. That is how it ought to be, but my experience has taught me to be wiser. Only of several "Brothers" that have done jobs for me could be recommended. I had decided not to use witnesses again before going inactive.

Good to hear your story, Dede. , And some insight to the dent business..

• gcc2k
    gcc2k
    u are mistken. The reason u are mistaken is b/c JWS often get work , references etc just on the basis they are jws. The fact they are jws is supposed to make them better then worldy people. But u yourself said a good worker would be good regardless of his religion. I have had unfortune experiences with JWS and prefer to work with "worldly" people who know they cannot expect a 'free ride" based on their religious connection.

Based on my personal experience, I am not. Most of the people I know who do work for "worldly" clients are careful about the quality of their work, knowing that it reflects on their religion (since most of the time they are preaching to the homeowner, explaining why they have to leave early on Tues/Thurs, etc).

The free ride issue is a completely different topic. Yes, many people abuse the JW relationship to get a free ride. My poor cousin, who has a large pickup truck, is constantly being asked to help people move, taking up much of his precious time. Seldom if ever is he ever offered money for gas or his time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit