Are You Still Bitter?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"hatred isn't good for you,physically, emotionally or spiritually, imo."

IMHO, Minimus, you're absolutely right on this, but when ya keep getting kicked and poked as a lot of us here have been, and it goes ON and ON......what do you suggest I (we) DO to keep the "bitter wolf" away from the door?

Hugs,

Annie

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    Nobody seems to give a shit about anything I say. I guess I am just THAT boring

integ, I know how you feel. There have been several times I've posted on issues that are very important to me and I've gotten no feedback. Of course, since i'm gay there are few who can relate. Recently I took issue with someone who made generalized statements about gay men who marry. I tried to explain all the pressure that a young gay man feels to conform to the straight world and the total lack of empathy, not to mention the total lack of information. Everyones expects them to have perfect insight into what the ramifications of marrying are. Well, I got no response. I must admit that many on this board are supportive of us gay people, however, this was a subject I would have liked to have had some feed back on.

I hope if this board doesn't fulfil your needs that you explore other ways of doing so. I probably will stick around just because I still like to know what's going on inside the board.

I wish you the best and hope everything goes well with you.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Reborn, I can really relate to what you said. You said it very well. About the only thing I can add is that I'm angry that I didn't go to college right after high school.

You are very wise to express your anger, in an appropriate way, instead of trying to stuff like so many people do.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: In whatever stage of leaving the organization that you're in, do you find yourself bitter?

Minimus,

As you must know by now, I left the dubs in late 1972. If I were to claim that I was bitter based upon that fact, I would not be surprised that everyone on this board would scream at me: "YOU BIG LOSER, WHINING DUMMY!"

Nope. I'm not bitter. I just want my REVENGE! I want to see the Tower crippled and mangled and damaged for what they've done to countless people, including my Dad, my Mother and my Sister and her children. I recovered many years ago. I'm strong now. The Tower is weak now, and I will exploit that to the extent I can.

I'm pretty good at this kind of stuff!

Farkel

• Mac
    Mac
    I'm not bitter. I just want my REVENGE!
  • Farkel
    Farkel

Uh, Mac,

When the Lord God Jehovah exacts his "righteous" revenge on his enemies, would you call him "bitter" for doing it? If so, then he is a passionate God and very bitter. If not, then he is just exacting justice without rancor.

If the Bible God is "bitter" for his many killings, then I'm "bitter" for wanting the Watchtower to suffer for its crimes. If the Bible God is not "bitter" then there is a very real possibilty that one made in his image (namely me) is not bitter either.

What say you?

Farkel

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    What say you?

I say that anger is a natural emotion and many times we have a right to be angry. However, we don't have the right to express our anger in inappropirate ways, such as by hurting others. But to calmly say I'm angry because of what the Watchtower has done and to want them to pay for the suffering they've caused others is perfectly normal. I don't believe anger goes away when others tell us it's unhealthy to be angry. We may stuff it, but it'll come back to bite us, and mabye others.

• onacruse
    onacruse

integ, I've posted things that meant a lot to me, and many of those threads got few responses. otoh, some got many responses.

For me: I post if it means something to me; if very few others care to give an opinion, that's ok too...just making the post makes me feel better.

Also, consider how many friends read, without posting back.

The sharing is what matters.

Craig

• Mac
    Mac

I no longer factor "Jehovah" or "The Bible" into my thought patterns

• onacruse
    onacruse

Mac:

my thought patterns

LOL....thought patterns?

I miss chattin' with'ya

Craig