Are You Still Bitter?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Alec26m
    Alec26m

Being raised a witness meant either everyone else was a bad influence or later that I was a bad influence. In either case it was a youth where personal relationships always had to exist underground or in some state of disapproval. I was isolated. For that, I'm sad to the extent that I can see that it still affects the way I interact with people. In general I'm recovered and as normal as most 'worldly' folks. Ending the bitterness had a lot to do with seeing the human side of how it all started: my mother was sixteen when her father died of a heart attack -- of course she was going to look for a religion that promised to bring him back. I was bitter at my mother and that was worth getting over.

• Mac
    Mac

Bona (long O).......don't make fun of my archetype!!!!!!!!!!!

mac, of the totally clueless class

• onacruse
    onacruse

Alec, welcome to the forum!

I've never done this before, but I'll post back your entire comment...it touches my heart:

Being raised a witness meant either everyone else was a bad influence or later that I was a bad influence. In either case it was a youth where personal relationships always had to exist underground or in some state of disapproval. I was isolated. For that, I'm sad to the extent that I can see that it still affects the way I interact with people. In general I'm recovered and as normal as most 'worldly' folks. Ending the bitterness had a lot to do with seeing the human side of how it all started: my mother was sixteen when her father died of a heart attack -- of course she was going to look for a religion that promised to bring him back. I was bitter at my mother and that was worth getting over.
    Seeing the other side...that's an incredible accomplishment. Craig
  • minimus
    minimus

I think it's easy to remain bitter when you continuously, without letup, keep getting kicked in the face. But, some here have been out for a long, long time and they are still seething with bitter anger as if things happened just yesterday. This isn't healthy. It becomes obsessive. Now regarding Farkel's thinking, I can see a change, a difference, in the way that expresses himself lately. He is as focused as ever but seems to have let go of much of the extreme bittereness that was his trademark.....Farkel, you are one of the most effective ex Witnesses on the planet.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Reborn,My sentiments exactly.However, I have some friends who are still ensnared by the Society and wish that they could come out from under their grip.So, I don't hate some individuals who don't know that they are caught up in a cult.

But,like Farkel expressed it ,its the whole organization that is despicable and should be dissolved by whatever means it takes to do it,freeing up all those trapped inside for whatever reason they choose to stay,family,finances,age ,etc.

Reborn, I know that you don't hate individuals and its against the Society that you make your feelings known,in this I agree.

Minimus,I will be bitter to the end ,like christ in the Bible,righteous indignation is proper toward those who would misrepresent God and what he stands for.Christ was loving ,kind, compassionate,giving and forgiven,self sacrificing and gave of himself to whomever approached him.

In this the Society has failed to no end.The whips of Christ will come upon them.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit