Are You Still Bitter?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH
    In whatever stage of leaving the organization that you're in, do you find yourself bitter?

Since they keep on saying "you will die if you don't come back", well they keep the animosity going. I think I do remain bitter, because they remain arrogant in their way of judging.

• Xena
    Xena

Bitter? Nooo never have been bitter...lol to lazy to be bitter no doubt......I have been sad at the way I have been treated by my family...I have been angry at being judged by people who don't know me.....I have been disgusted at how blinded I was but mostly I have been esctatic at the way my life is finally turning out...

But thank you for asking.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Yes I am bitter.

I am bitter for the lies the Watchtower Society passes off as divine instruction from God ensnaring my grandfather and causing him to devote the final 50 years of his life to a lie.

I am bitter over being raised in the Jehovah's Witnesses and not being allowed to go to birthday parties or extracurricular activities in school and enjoy the things normal children get to do. I am bitter for being the outcast in school and laughed at or ridiculed because I was not understood.

I am bitter for being forced to go out in field service on Saturdays every weekend as a child and not being allowed to do what normal kids do.

I am bitter for losing my family and friends because they turn their back on you for not remaining a Jehovah's Witness.

I am bitter for not being able to see my nephews because their parents are Jehovah's Witnesses and solely because I am not they use children as leverage to blackmail me into being a JW and since I would not forsake my beliefs they lovingly specifically wish I have nothing to do with them.

I am bitter for seeing children molested (silentlambs), innocent people die (blood doctrine) families destroyed (shunning, DA, DF) etc.

I hate Jehovah's Witnesses and everything they stand for. I will hate Jehovah's Witnesses until the day that I die.

• be wise
    be wise

I love bitter! I'm from Yorkshire and Tetleys' is the bitter to drink in my opinion, even if it does smell a bit farty.

As far as being bitter, only when I can use it to a positive advantage. I'm quite lazy so I harness my negativity sometimes, it gets me off my but and makes me work damn hard I can tell you.

When I'm happy I don't do anything really, accept be lazy, spend money I haven't got, drink and enjoy the moment, I forget about everything I'm supposed to be doing like writing and a career.

• minimus
    minimus

Reborn, there is no question, now, that you are bitter. But, don't you think that it's healthier to lose some of that bitterness, if you can? (And that is a sincere question).

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"I hate Jehovah's Witnesses and everything they stand for. I will hate Jehovah's Witnesses until the day that I die. "

Reborn,

Everything you said summed up exactly how I feel, and why. It's just kick, kick, kick, all the time. Just when you're able to recover from one bashing, they find a new reason to kick you all over again. It permeates every corner of your life so you can't escape it or stay away from it.

As mean and despicable as the JWs are, they're (only) playing "follow the leader", and acting in harmony with what's been drummed into their heads as "pleasing Jehovah", even though it goes against ANYTHING they would normally have done if NOT for being a JW.

I HATE what they DO, and would like to slap some common sense into my daughter (the Elderette), but basically I know that it's the ones that TEACH this unbelievable behavior to the rank & file JWs that are to blame.

Let's face it, the sheep are so duped and deceived that they CAN'T see how hateful they ARE! And THAT'S even MORE frightening than the behavior itself!

Hugs to Reborn,

Annie

• minimus
    minimus

hatred isn't good for you,physically, emotionally or spiritually, imo.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I don't think I'm bitter. I'm angry, certainly, at the things that organization and its members have done and continue doing, but bitterness implies an anger that is old, festering and unresolved. I think I'm doing my best to resolve my anger. This forum helps tremendously!

Mulan, I'm impressed that you got a response to your letter! No one has responded to mine so far, though I heard through the grapevine that it's been discussed, copied and passed around.

Nina

• LDH
    LDH

I haven't been bitter about it for a long time.

Later this year, I will have good cause to be bitter. I'm sorry, I just can't say more about it at this time, but you can bet your sweet patookas you will see rage coming from me that you have never seen before.

I hope I am wrong.

(((((((((((((JASON))))))))))))))

• onacruse
    onacruse

Not bitter.

Determined.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit