Is this a normal JW practice? Warning, this will be a bit graphic.

by Sequoia 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• fiddler
    fiddler

Sequoia, reading what you wrote and that 'it hurt' I was thinking this sounded more like rape! Even if it was sexual assault, it sounds as if it was pretty violent .... I'm so sorry this happened to you. I think the local congregation or whichever one this guy attends, needs to be notified. That said, if they need you to be part of any judicial committee that would be yet another horrendous thing for you to go through. It'd be best for you NOT to sit in on one of those! I don't know if they even consider an outsiders testimony. I am a music teacher myself and go into people's homes but I have never had anything like that happen to me although I have thought about it and choose my clients carefully. I did have one student who did have feelings for me and although no romance ever developed we are friends to this day. He NEVER even hinted at such inappropriate behavior! He's Catholic and a very honest and good Christian. So even though sex abuse cases abound in the Catholic religion, each is responsible for their own behavior. The man that assaulted you, Sequoia, is responsible for his behavior and he has nobody to blame but himself; not even JWs are to blame for this although they are a flawed religious cult. You are not to blame. You were overpowered by a criminal and I hope you get help and he gets stopped.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sequoia has replied to my post saying it happened (then 5 days ago ) she has told a few people close to her and also the police. She hasnt pressed charges and she doesnt even know his last name .And she is 30 years old and she has known him for 18 months. And then she comes out she is disabled .

She says she has a hard time talking about it but comes on to a Discussion forum speaking to a lot of strangers ,opening up about personal details

She hasnt answered questions about what her friends or family have done regarding these allegations nor has she answered questions about what the police have done with her allegations.

Seeing she is disabled surely they would be taking it seriously ?

But even her initial question "Is This Normal JW Practice ?" beggars belief she is genuine

Prove me wrong Sequoia ,and I will be the first to apologise to you.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If what you say is true - Go to the police. He raped you. This is not a watchtower teaching(tm). The bloke is a sicko. Get him arrested for rape.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

OP 2 days ago

He took me to his house supposedly so I could give his daughter piano lessons,

then 1 day ago

This is embarrassing, but I couldn't tell them how to find the dude because at the time I didn't know his last name.

TBH I don't not believe the account, it seems something did happen - I've never been in this situation so do not know how I would react, or what I would remember.

As others have said, this is definately not normal for the JWs. If something did happen as you described in the OP, you should go to the police in the first instance, as I believe you have said you have done.

My initial reaction was that it was a 'fringe' JW - I'm sure we all know the sort - the one who has studied, never actually been baptized, knows a fair amount of JW teachings, but not really that well, and does their own thing 'informally witnessing' - probably attends a meeting now and again, probably goes to a couple of differant Halls/congs.

I was wondering dId the guy actually use any literature? Did he just talk about the bible and things, or actually give you any magazines, leaflets to read? Was his bible a soft back gray colour or a hard back black colour?

To all these people saying this is fake, I'm not sure how I can prove to you that I'm not fake, but I assure you that I have a lot better things to do with my time than coming on a messageboard and making up a disturbing story. I don't know if people have done that to you before, but if so, that is sick.

Yeah, from hotels in Scotland through to Trevor the 'dedpoet'

• Sequoia
    Sequoia

Update: I have told my family yesterday and they are rallying around me. I am pressing charges now and will be going to the police station or else they will be coming here after we all get up, as I'm staying at their house for a bit. I didn't want to press charges because I was dreading the court case and all that crap, but I'll do it so the scumbag can't get at anyone else.

The reason I didn't know the address is because I'm totally blind and was never told his address. He met me downtown where I was playing and took me for a walk. Previously I had only known him from chatting with him when we took public transportation together, until he saw me at a restaurant two weeks ago. Some of my friends found out where he lives and I found out his last name, so that will be reported to the police today.

Thanks to all of you who have been supportive. To those of you who still think I'm fake, why would I want to go on a messageboard and make up a story like this? I'm just thankful the people who care about me believe me.

• steve2
    steve2

I think it is always wise to be sceptical about what is reported on the internet and to seek clarification. What I think is less justified - especially on a support forum for JW-related matters is blunt dismissal and even sarcasm because people have assumed the account doesn't somehow hang together.

Yes, I always allow for the possibility that a report about this or that may not be true - or aspects of it may not appear true. Yet, given the individual has reached out, it is decent to give her the benefit of the doubt and, if not, to show a bit of restraint in responding.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

My Bullshit Meter reads 99.9999999999%!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Simon, I think he is a troll. If it was up to me, I would toss the topic out of this forum!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I MIGHT believe you if you pass the polygraph exam!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool
    I have never heard from any witness saying he or she is the preacher! It is just not in their vocabulary!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit