Is this a normal JW practice? Warning, this will be a bit graphic.

by Sequoia 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I've still been having a hard time talking about it, but I just posted the question here because I found it really puzzling that after he took advantage of me, he preached at me.

It wasn't a stupid question Sequoia, there are a lot of weird cults that combine preaching at people with strange sexual practises. I have a friend whose former partner was in The Family also known as the Children of God who was raped in the cult and had a miscarriage after getting pregnant. She spent many years in a psychiatric hospital afterwards. They had communes where they practised child sex in the early days but that's now banned. They did recruit people through 'flirty fishing'.

So asking if JWs allow this behaviour is not so strange given the history of religious cults. I'm glad you've reported him and are going to talk to your counsellor about this horrible incident. Take care.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Sequoia, I was very skeptical of your opening post but that's my problem, it seems I misjudged you; sorry.

I hope you'll keep posting if it helps but I'm glad that you're talking it through with a professional therapist and have reported this man to the police.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - "The problem with JWs is they can be so concerned about sex being a "sin" they forget the more important issues of respect and consent. He probably still thinks about the event in terms of sin rather than criminality."

This.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard a JW refer to "sexual crimes"...

...just "sexual sins"...

Textbook example of how WT conditioning constricts an individual's thinking ability, really.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Sequoia...

:confused:

I have teenage daughters, and I'm always experiencing a degree of anxiety about sexual assault.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

After some thought, while JWs absolutely do not train or condone what Sequoia has brought upor alleged, it should surprise no one that a random crazy might do this. An internet board is very limited in a situation like this.

Let's refocus. Sequoia, there are limitations on an internet board. Most of the people here mean well. The most important thing is for you to do the right thing for yourself. I for one believe that sexual assault victims get put through a lot. I don't envy that for you. You should go to the police. If physical evidence is lacking then there may be nothing legally that can happen. At the least it will put all parties on notice.

Sadly, it's the times we live in that reminds us all to be careful who we invite into our homes these days. I wish for you healing and wisdom in the days ahead Sequoia.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    AllTimeJeff - "...sexual assault victims get put through a lot."

Understatement of the f**king decade.

• out4good4
    out4good4
    The Bullshit is strong from this post. Makes sense to go on a forum full of strangers and talk about being raped rather than tell a friend and report it

**sniff****** ***sniff*****

Whew!!!!!

• LaurenM
    LaurenM

Why are you guys all doubting what she said??? And calling her post bullshit. Stop it!! She has been through a lot and I'm sure all of you posting comedic ally on here don't know what pain and confusion sexual assault victims go through. It is one of the most traumatic events that can happen. If you have doubts keep them to yourself, they are of no help here and would only serve to heighten her anxiety. @sequoia I hope you are able to track him down. He needs to pay for what he did. I doubt this is the first time and he needs to be stopped. He is not a Christian. He deserves to rot in jail.

• LaurenM
    LaurenM

And I also hope you know that what he did to you is in NO WAY your fault. He is a criminal. Please seek help

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

Sequoia, I want to apologize for the ignorance you have encountered here. I am very sorry that you were assaulted by this monster and I hope, for your sake and others, that he does end up in jail. Please do see a therapist as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit