Crossing Over,with John Edwards !

by Blueblades 47 Replies latest jw friends

• crownboy
    crownboy

Ditto, rem and Reborn2002.

I'd have been a lot nicer than you guys, though . Afterall, the folks on this thread really do believe this stuff.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    Afterall, the folks on this thread really do believe this stuff.

Unfortunately this is true, just like some 6 million people who believe the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is God's sole organization and channel on earth and that the remaining 6 billion (give or take) will be carrion for the vultures at Armaggedon.

When people are desperate for answers and need hope, they are capable of believing anything if it gives them comfort.

• larc
    larc

Ravyn,

I will take you up on your offer. There are two problems here. First off, I have written thousands of posts, so you could learn a lot about me, if you read these. The second problem is that I can not get access to people's email address. You can reach me at [email protected].

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

so what gives the people who do not believe in a spirit world comfort ?

I don't know about anyone else on this board who might have psychic gifts (see Spice's thread) but I do not always get 'comfort' out of seeing the way my mother will die! I believe in the spirit realm because I have no other choice, or explanatuion for my own experiences with it. But I do not believe it to be what most people who believe in it thinks it is.

I think paranormal is just normal we have not discovered yet and supernatural is still natural---just not yet explained. Geez, we learn something new everyday in scientific fields...I think it is pretty presumptuous to think humans have it all figured out at any given time! Occult merely means hidden. fear is ignorance.

Ravyn -still no takers.....chicken?

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

for larc and anyone else:

LadyLvsNyt @ yahoo.com

I will do your reading tonight--I sent you a message--I will not read any of your posts--LOL I dont have that kind of time!

Ravyn

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Afterall, the folks on this thread really do believe this stuff.

So?

All the 'negative' posts assume that everyone 'believes' just for belief's sake. "It's comforting", "it gives a false hope".... (how quaint). Well, that might be true in some/most cases...whatever, but it depends on the person. I don't blame all you doubters at all.... if you can't see, touch, experience, than it can be very questionable (or as you would say - false). BUT not every one has had your "non-experience".... some people have experienced, and to say that they 'couldn't have' would in fact be as much as calling them liars (which is asinine since most people here only truly know each other by what we 'type').

So, save the pity party for those who only 'wish' it to be so .... there are others that, by their own experiences truly can rephrase the above question by asking "there are folks on this thread who really DON'T believe this stuff"?

By the way, I believe most psychics are in it for the money, and really don't have a 'gift'. Most, but not all.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

OUCH!! (Ducking for cover)

Reborn, I didn't mean to push your buttons! What I said was a SUPPOSITION and personal theory ONLY! SHEESH!

I didn't want to tack on yet another thought that I forgot to add, but when I came back here, Ravyn had touched upon it somewhat; the fact that maybe ones like John Edward don't SEE the horrible events headed our way, and only have capabilities to "see" what I'd mentioned before.

As for comparing the beliefs in this area to believing the WTS, I think you came on kinda strong. Having had 30+ years of only ONE viewpoint allowed, it's interesting to look into others. I now HAVE the freedom to do so, and I may decide 15 minutes from now that John Edward is bogus, or I may decide he's developed something beautiful. I don't know yet, but it's a bit unfair of you to make my mind up FOR me.

So I'll take your comments as showing a "friendly concern", as I'm not interested in tossing insults, or lobbing verbal grenades...........at least not about THIS topic, anyway! LOL!

Hugs,

Annie

• rem
    rem
    BUT not every one has had your "non-experience"....

Who says I've never had experiences that many interpret as paranormal? Quite the contrary.

rem

p.s. Crownboy - I hear ya... I guess I've been in a spunky mood lately LOL (Have you seen my other posts lately? Man I've been harsh!)

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have had experiences that I can not explain other than some kind of force. I have buried those feelings for years because I thought everything was demonized.

I just know some people who never believed in this type of thing,,,,,,,until it happened to them, then they believed it. Now I know these people are not crazy, they are not story tellers, they are not seaching for some kind of answer, they didnt HAVE or nessecarily WANT to believe, it just happened.

I can explain any of this. But too many people have these experiences to say it isnt real........ or that there is other explanations.

Rem, What other explanations could there be, seriously I am interesting in what your experiences were.

I am not being sarcasstic either,,,,, but what if what you experienced really was paranormal and you just dont want to believe that with your scientific explanations or your own will over your mind?

I mean if we can fool ourselves by believing these things, then it stands to reason , a person can fool themselves into not believing.

It just sounds like the same ole argument of I know there is a God, and No, there is no God. We really have no proof either way with that, I mean rock solid proof.

But if we know we are not crazy and we experience something, we have that proof, maybe we are not sure what it is , but we know something is going on and it is real.

• rem
    rem

LyinEyes,

I have experienced many things that freaked me out as a child and young adult. I've felt and heard presences in my room, my brother and I both saw shadow demons in the hallway at night, I would get so scared that I couldn't even scream. I've experienced strong deja-vu and various coincidences here and there.

Why do I not interpret any of my experiences as paranormal? Because I've done much research about the brain and different experiments that have been done that show how easy it is to trick the brain into thinking something is happening when it isn't. The nature of memory is fascinating in it's own right (the brain is not like a tape recorder - we are constantly modifying our memories). The more you know about the mind and how it works, the less you paranormal explanations you need to account for your experiences. Soon you come to a point where paranormal explanations are just superfluous and, frankly, silly.

Do I believe people have 'unexplainable' experiences. Yes, I believe them when they say they experienced something strange. But many times, as experiments have proven time and time again, the person experiencing something is not the best interpreter of the experience. Interpretation is based on many factors, including your beliefs. If you believe in ghosts, then you will have a much greater chance of interpreting certain experiences as ghosts, even when an outside observer knows that the experience had a prosaic cause.

There is much too much information for me to go over in a post, so I encourage you to read some real science about this stuff. It is fascinating, and it is real. There is no discounting the mountain of empirical evidence bourne out by years of psychological and physiological experiments. Here are some great books that deal with this stuff:

Pseudoscience and the Paranormal, Terrence Hines

Why People Believe Weird Things, Micheal Shermer

Demon Haunted World, Carl Sagan

How to Think About Weird Things, Theodore Schick, Jr and Lewis Vaughn

In Search of the Light, Susan Blackmore

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit