Crossing Over,with John Edwards !

by Blueblades 47 Replies latest jw friends

• neverthere
    neverthere

I am not big on John Edwards, I have heard that he gets information on people before the taping through audience polls, though I do realize that could be propaganda against him. I really like Sylvia Brown but agree with Rayvn that she can get a little out there and can be arrogant.

Have I had an experience like this, yes. I used to read cards for people but had to stop cause I kept freaking myself out. My grandfather used to read tea leaves and stopped for the same reason I did. I think you have to go with what you believe in your heart to be true.

Neverthere

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I want to thank everyone for their comments

.I myself am skeptical.

I loss my sister at 26yrs old,Mom died in my arms,Dad died while talking to me on the phone.

I have never heard from them again.

I was very close to all three.

Why would they go through a complete stranger and not directly to me?

Blueblades

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

NOT ONE OF THESE ALLEGED PSYCHICS had sufficient evidence of 9-11 or any other calamity so as to warn individuals (especially when they have access to national television programs like John Edwards) or prevent it.

Larc and Reborn,

Just a thought about this......and I'm not defending TV Psychics, but maybe there's a kind of "code of ethics" that either the psychics or the spirit "side" adhere to, that they purposely DON'T prophesy or foretell catastrophic events.

Maybe they just stick to telling thier loved ones that Gramma Tilly is caring for cousin Karen's two babies, and that Uncle Dan who committed suicide is happy and has the family dog, etc.

THIS would seem to be the kind of things that people find comfort in hearing, and not waiting for horrible events to take place. It seems to make more sense.

Hugs,

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I forgot to say too...........that John Edward DOES "go there" in a sense when he asks about a family member (still here) and says to make sure they get that mole looked at, or have that heart checkup they should have......not foretelling gloom and doom, but a warning to have existing health concerns taken care of professionally.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Why would they go through a complete stranger and not directly to me?

I think most of the time they do go to people they know, 'seen' or 'unseen'. I know a couple of people who had these 'personal experiences' with their spouses who passed on, but they didn't tell anyone because of not wanting to be ridiculed. I know if I had one of these experiences, this is the LAST place I would share it because something so personal can only be appreciated by one person. Like the old saying goes - 'to those who believe and experience there is no doubt, but to those who don't believe - nothing said or done will ever suffice'. Back to square one.

• rem
    rem

Wow, some people will go to great lengths in their con-artist apologetics. I'm sure I could think of several more non-falsifiable theories as to why tv-psychics choose not to accurately predict the future. Gee, maybe they have a pact with the devil? Or maybe they get immediate amnesia after seeing the future? Or maybe, um... they can't see the future at all???!!! Would you guys listen to yourselves?

Unbelievable. Why would you want to defend known frauds like this? Do you protect the guy that calls on the phone to scam your grandma out of her life savings? There is no difference. These people are using well known tricks. If you would just take a bit of time out of your day you could do some research on this and see exactly how they do it. It's not a secret!

The fact that someone would resort to such a non-falsifiable theory is evidence that he or she has severely degraded critical thinking skills. Unfortunately this is usually also a telling sign of a lazy mind, which means that this person is unlikely to ever do any real research on this subject and learn why his or her theory is non-falsifiable and what that means, not to mention learning the not-so-spooky techniques of 'psychics'. This is why faith healers and other con-men rake in the money in this country.

rem

• nowisee
    nowisee

did ANYONE read my previous post?? - john edwards ADMITTEDLY uses information obtained from third parties in the preparation of his show.

i owned and ran a new age bookstore for 8 l/2 years (have spoken about this on other threads). i met many many psychics and worked with them running psychic fairs. i worked with some of the most "respected" and popular psychics. i had dozens and dozens, if not hundreds, of psychic readings.

what it is all about is (once again) the good old mighty dollar. they may have some concern about the people that come to them for advice, but what they are most concerned with is lining their pockets. truly. i saw it over and over and over, how the psychics would find their prey and milk them for all it was worth.

i went into the field with an open mind, i left it in disgust, feeling very guilty that i had had any part in it.

as exjws hopefully you have learned to question. question EVERYTHING!!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    Wow, some people will go to great lengths in their con-artist apologetics. I'm sure I could think of several more non-falsifiable theories as to why tv-psychics choose not to accurately predict the future. Gee, maybe they have a pact with the devil? Or maybe they get immediate amnesia after seeing the future? Or maybe, um... they can't see the future at all???!!! Would you guys listen to yourselves?

I concur rem. It is no different than with cults like the Jehovah's Witnesses who possess abundant contradictions even within their own literature.. some individuals will defend them no matter what even when concrete evidence is presented before them blatantly exposing the religion for the false prophet and lie that it is.

Just a thought about this......and I'm not defending TV Psychics, but maybe there's a kind of "code of ethics" that either the psychics or the spirit "side" adhere to, that they purposely DON'T prophesy or foretell catastrophic events.

Maybe they just stick to telling thier loved ones that Gramma Tilly is caring for cousin Karen's two babies, and that Uncle Dan who committed suicide is happy and has the family dog, etc.

THIS would seem to be the kind of things that people find comfort in hearing, and not waiting for horrible events to take place. It seems to make more sense.

Hugs,

Annie

My dearest Annie, your statement is the most illogical excuse I have heard in quite some time. A code of ethics? Would you listen to yourself? Any individual who would possess the ability to foresee future events which will ultimately kill thousands of people but chooses not to act is bloodguilty.

If you are able to prevent a catastrophe but allow it to happen anyway where people are killed and scarred for life... it is not human decency to intervene? If you knew that tomorrow your neighbor's house were to burn to the ground but you allowed them to spend the night there and did not say anything and they perished in the fire, would you not be an accomplice to their death because you were in a position to prevent it?

Is it not also ironic that John Edwards from time to time on his show professes to be able to be in contact with individuals who died on 9/11?

Now I realize you stated specifically that you are not necessarily defending the psychics, but the rationale and reasoning you posted is ridiculous at best and fanatical and desperate at worst.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I wanted to add... you mentioned a code of ethics... well not acting to prevent death when in a position to know for certain that something horrible is going to happen is unethical.

Exploiting families by alleging to be able to connect with dead loves ones in order to make money is unethical.

And with regards to being an accomplice to death in the analogy I presented, I did not mean legally, I meant in a moral sense.

I just wanted to clarify.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

not every psychic channeler can tell the future. these are two entirely different 'gifts'. I have had premonitions, but only ones that would concern me personally or someone I was close to. I read tarot cards for myself and others. One of the premonitions I got about 2 months ago that has yet to play out is that I saw the deaths of my mother and my husband's father by catching some kind of respiratory illness. I did not get a time frame on this, but it definitely looked like it happened to them both at the same time period and it was some kind of 'plague' thingy. This was way before I heard of SARS, if indeed it might be SARS. I don't know, and probably won't know until or if something happens. But I can tell you one thing---when I did hear of SARS I nearly fainted! Now my husband's father has severe asthma and diabetes and was just diagnosed about two weeks ago with emphysema. My mother has high blood pressure and osteo-arthritis, but other than that is in pretty good shape. They live no where near each other. I hope I am wrong. I have warned them both. But I have been right too many times to ignore it.

even when I read cards, I usually fall short of 'prophesying', only because the cards can only 'see' the possibilities as they exist at that particular moment--things can change. I use the cards to show the possibilities and choices and to give some direction when the going is unclear.

But all that is totally different from channeling spirits. I have also been approached by spirits. So has my husband. and I think everyone has the abilities to 'channel'--they are just grossly untapped. John Edward ends every show telling you to make the connection on this side, so you won't need someone like him to do it from the other side. He also does not exploit people, he makes them feel good. How is that hurtful?

what it comes down to is that you cannot prove it, or disprove it. It is purely subjective.

but I will tell you what I will do----anyone, skeptic or no, who wants a reading--can email me and I will do one for you. You tell me nothing---just an email saying: 'please can I have a reading' with your return email. I don't even want to know your name. depending on how many requests I get it might take me a few days--but if you want you can start a thread and post the readings and your thoughts.

any takers?

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit