Crossing Over,with John Edwards !

by Blueblades 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Do you believe it? Do you know someone who had this experience?

Blueblades

• Mulan
    Mulan

Have you seen the Steve Martin movie "Leap of Faith"? John Edwards does the same thing.

As to whether it is possible to do what he appears to do, yes, I think it is. But I believe he is a fake. I saw an expose on him on 20/20 or some similar show. He is still raking in the bucks, so some still believe him.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I would like to believe it. Of course I did reserch the art of double question. There is another guy out there with his own show just like John Edwards, however, I think his is a fake. John Edward's show certainly does keep me glued though. I think that's why people believe. It's also a reason that holds the JWs, we all have a desire to be reunited with a dead loved one. Evil Kinevil (sp?) had a deal with his wife while still alive. They both had a phrase that they would memorize. Then if either of them died first, the other owuld contact a spirit medium, and if they were able to make contact they would send the special code from 'the otherside.' Mrs. Kinevil (sp? again) was never able to consult a medium who repeated the code. So go figure By the way, I think John Edwards is hella sexy. Not sure why, but something about him makes me all tingly :)

• rem
    rem

Chevy,

I think you are talking about Houdini. He was a great exposer of these types of charlatans.

Yes, John Edwards is a fake. The show is edited, among other things, to make it look convincing. Also, the art of cold reading is well understood. Edwards, though, is not even a good cold reader! The editing makes him look much better than he really is.

If anyone could actually communicate with the dead, they could easily win $1 million dollars from the James Randi Educational Foundation.

rem

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The magicians Penn & Teller called Edwards' act "bullshit," and the lads in the animated TV show "South Park" called him a "douchbag." That's enough for me...

• wednesday
    wednesday

I've watched john Edwards, and at times u can tell he's just too general with his questions. It could apply to anyone. I genrally like him. He is an engaging personality, which is why people like to watch. also, we want to believe that our loved ones are still alive. But i always wondered, if their is an afterlife, why is it so hard to contact them? if i come back, i'd work as hard as i could to help my loved ones. Or maybe i'd haunt and elder or two i know.

There is alo a woman named Slyvia? last name. She seems really good. She is on Montel quite often. Also she has a webb site and is very expensive to get a reading with.

I think mostly it is wishful thinking on our part.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

John Edwards I believe in, others I don't. Several months ago, someone gave me a book where scientists put several psychics to the test re: communicating to those who past on. It was quite an in depth study. John Edwards and another guy named Anderson came out on top. The scientist were trying to prove them wrong under controled conditions... what they found is acuracy that is difficult to explain. I'll try to get the name of the book if anyone is interested.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Please see the South Park episode on him......hilarious.

ash

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Wednesday, the "Sylvia" I think you mean is Sylvia Browne. She DOES seem good, but for some reason, I find John Edward more believable. He sometimes comes out with things that even the people being "read" don't understand, until later on they call back and tell the producer about a relative or a situation they didn't even KNOW about (that was confirmed after they went home from doing the show), and quite a few other things he's said just don't seem to be faked.

At first, when these shows became popular, I kinda thought "oh--sure", or that it was "demon influenced" for whatever reason......but old gullible ME, (now WTS- thinking stepping aside) I tend to lean on the side of believability more than not...with my own reason;

I usually don't talk about this, but since we're on the subject (giggle), this is why I don't totally discount it. When I was about six, I was sitting on the steps and chattering away with "someone", pausing after talking, as in a two-way conversation. My mother heard me and came in to see who I was talking to, and I told her a lady with white hair named Jenny. My mother asked what she looked like and I described her having a purple blanket on her shoulders, and her hair looked like a ball on her head.

My mother told me years later that I had floored her that day, because my great grandmother's name was Jenny, she always wore her hair up in a bun, during the last years of her life it was snow white, and she had a lilac-colored shawl that they couldn't PRY off her without a fight, even to wash it. Apparently some of the things Jenny and I "talked" about, convinced my mother that it wasn't an imaginary friend, but this great-grandmother who had passed on YEARS before I was born, so I'd never seen her to KNOW how she looked or what she had worn quite often! (Or no pictures of her around either)

So I can't completely dismiss "talking with the dead" as hogwash. I just can't say who's legit or who's not!

Hugs,

Annie

• nowisee
    nowisee

has anyone ever read the fine print that flashes by quickly at the end of john edwards' show??

it says he relies on third parties to obtain his information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit