How to sue the WT over shunning policy. It CAN happen!

by Bad_Wolf 224 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    No. The majority of them today did not as they were born in and baptized while they were minors, some as young as 8 years old.

Then their parents are to be blamed for the indoctrination. They took their child to the baptism pool.

And these children who continued going to meetings after they turned 18, proved that they still agreed with the WT rules. (One of these 8 year old made their way to the current Governing Body) They can leave anytime. Agreed that they will be shunned, but freedom from a cult has its own consequences.

A person can walk away from his cultic past and have a successful life. If he has lots of money, time and willingness to accept defeat, he can sue the WT.

• poopie
    poopie

Eu bigger then little France

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Then their parents are to be blamed for the indoctrination. They took their child to the baptism pool.

I don't see any other scenario, where children are held accountable for the decisions of the parents. And yet, this is exactly what shunning does. You are 19 and leaving the religion your parents imposed on you? Because of this, everyone you know, including your immediate family, will shun you for the rest of your natural life. Not only that, the religious leaders of that religion will make sure that they do by coercing them into complying.

And these children who continued going to meetings after they turned 18, proved that they still agreed with the WT rules.

No. It does not. For instance, I was born in, baptized at 13, yet, I was about 19 years old when I realized that I did not personally believe in the shunning policy as thought by the Watchtower. But it was too late. If I had left my religion then, or voiced my opinion about it, I would also have lost contact with the majority of everyone I knew!

This scenario is not limited to me. It can be extended to literally millions of people across the planet.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    But didn't these members voluntarily join the group with these rules?

Also, regardless of if they were minor when they got baptized, no one can actually agree to be abused for the rest of their lives (no tap out).

This is what organized shunning does. They make sure that for the rest of your lives, everyone you know that are still members of their religion won't be free to associate with you.

• JC323
    JC323

Ok stephanie, let's say you survive a motion of summary judgement. What would you sue for? How would you prove it. Remember that each state has a code of civil procedure, so you cannot just introduce hearsay evidence or evidence that is overly prejudicial. How would you prove first that you suffered harm and second that harm can be remedied by financial conpensation.

• poopie
    poopie

I will have to be class action from eu.

• poopie
    poopie

Ok whst about sharia law?

• poopie
    poopie

Yes France was not aware of shunning.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

JC323: As for the amount of money, this is the lawyer to figure it out. As for how to prove it, the laws written black on white in the Elder's book would be sufficient to assert that this is a procedural threat maintained by the organization itself. As for the impact of shunning, there are now books and scolarly research outlaying exactly the pain and suffering that result from such treatment.

That being said, I will send a message to the Canadian Human Right commission and ask what they think of this. I'll send them an email and will get back to our community.

PS: I'm Stephane, not Stephanie :)

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think you may be on to something Steph. There got to be a way to get around this freedom of religion thing and hold these guy accountable some way.

The way I look at it give protection for a religion to teach and believe what ever they want but if they teach murder is ok, then hold them accountable for abusing their religious privileges of freedom, when they cause harm to the tax paying citizens, such as the secret kangaroo court system called a judicial committee where a member is humiliated when they reject Organizational teaching which are clearly based on the mental illness of, delusional thinking, and a god complex, not to mention a vindictive spirit towards anybody that points out any errors they may have in the teaching and delusions with immediate disfellowshipping no questions asked..

I think society in general is evolving greater sensitivity to these issues and now may be the time for something like this to work.

With all the psychological stuff that is known about how cult operate and how they abuse people I think it should get easier and easier to make a case against the Watchtower Corporation's unfair practices to keep it's members captive to their thought control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit