EX-JW's Divided- Marc and Cora Interview

by OnTheWayOut 76 Replies latest members adult

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry, your response sounds exactly like what someone would say who wants to keep silent about the fact that there is a pedophile in their congregation.
    ________________-

That is pretty nasty of you to say that. I demand an apology.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Terry: That is pretty nasty of you to say that. I demand an apology.

Your comment was exactly like I said it was - as a writer, you should know what an analogy is. And my analogy is dead on.

Don't confuse honesty with nastiness.

I am not going to apologize for being honest.

Demanding something from me will never work, Terry.

• Terry
    Terry

Orphan Crow, I sent you a private message.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Yeah, I know.

You can stop now. Anything I have to say to you will be said on this public forum.

I do not believe in the 'behind closed doors' and secrecy of the private message system when it comes to this kind of shit.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

PunkofNice, I dunno.

Simon, Talesin, valid points. thanks for making them.

Notsurewheretogo, that's fascinating. Best part:

Cedars: And what if I told you it's possible to be an exJW without criticizing other exJWs?

When I recently decided to make a stand against aggressive activism, I didn't need to name names. ... But I maintain that, aside from defending one's reputation, there is actually no legitimate reason for exJW A to criticize exJW B, especially over something as trivial and personal as one's appearance.
    When I observe nit-picking, peanut-gallery behavior among exJWs, what I see is remnants of cult indoctrination still at play.

He was already beyond the naming names part. He stands against aggressive activism- That's news to just about EVERYONE. And best of all, he starts with saying there's no to criticize ex-JW's and sneaks in a critical shot at the end.

Outlaw, thanks for reading and noticing.

OrphanCrow (and in reply to Terry on page 3), go easy on Terry because he says that all of us, himself included, don't know shit. I don't want this ruining my thread.

• tornapart
    tornapart
    I just see it all as just playing straight into WT arms and their 'bitter apostate' rhetoric.... frightens away questioning JWs.
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    I just see it all as just playing straight into WT arms and their 'bitter apostate' rhetoric.... frightens away questioning JWs.

A point I too have made many times...

• talesin
    talesin
    Thanks. And again, I would suggest that if someone can't get past the fact that I have a beard and long hair (despite a certain Nazarene having similar features), they are nowhere near ready to wake up in any case.

Unbelievable, OTWO.

Really, JC, the initials are enough, with comparing yourself to him.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    ontwo: OrphanCrow (and in reply to Terry on page 3), go easy on Terry because he says that all of us, himself included, don't know shit. I don't want this ruining my thread.

Of course.

My purpose in saying what I did was to point out how easy it is to slip into behavior patterns that are not intentionally harmful, but that actually do harm.

I did not accuse Terry of covering up pedophile behavior - that example was used quite simply because it is the issue most relevant. The attitude of keeping secrets for the sake of peace and unity is the fundamental core root of why and how many JWs, while still in, kept their mouths shut and turned their backs on victims.

That notion of keeping secrets for the sake of unity and peace occurs everywhere in society. And it is very harmful.

• Terry
    Terry

Orphan Crow, I sent you another PRIVATE message. Have the strength of character and respect to take this off the public board, please.

Thank you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit