by BlackWolf 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CookieMonster
    CookieMonster

Suggest watching this for your family study

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I225Vcs3X0g

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    BlackWolf

So we were talking about Noah for our family worship tonight and it ended with a little debate between me and my parents about how the flood was possible.

Why not point out to your family that if the flood really happened, as described in the book of Jewish mythology, aka, the Bible, then 2 very serious things are illustrated;

1) Noah and his super fine theocratic family were very lousy preachers since they couldn't even bring 1 person into the 'troof', (decades of preaching and not even one convert?) and

2) Why would the 'loving' god of Noah drown millions of his children. Drowning sure seems like a very inhumane way to execute your kids. (Why not just make those wicked kids disappear so old Noah and his family would not have to hear all those desperate screams for help?)

just saying!

• Island Man
    Island Man

I saw a documentary once that spoke about a mega tsunami that devastated the Mediterranean region in late prehistoric times (about 10,000 BC). It is possible that this event led to the development of the global flood legend in later centuries.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Acceptance of the bible account of the flood means that God was a mass murderer. He saved no one but the Noah family. He drowned unborn babies, little children, entire families and every animal in the world. All the bees and butterfly's as well. To what end? Since it all went to hell again immediately.

Why not do the logical thing and have Armageddon at that time? Kill off all the bad people and bad spirits. Make the earth a paradise. Send Jesus down to teach and lead mankind.

There was no logic in causing a world wide flood.

The flood was obviously based on legends of other floods and the retelling of it served to establish the power and might of the Jewish God.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

I remember that my first visit to this site was looking for information regarding the flood!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said Giordano!

Great points.

• James Brown
  • James Brown
    James Brown

Kent Hovind has all kinds of scientific facts on why the flood happened. You can watch his videos, if you want to know.

I won't argue it here.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

BlackWolf - "Did the flood happen?"

Sure.

The hemisphere-spanning glacial melt at the end of the last Ice Age would definitely not have been a quiet, gentle trickle, after all.

BTW, racial/cultural memories of events like that taking the form of legends and myths are known to have happened, too. :smirk:

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

There are so many logistical issues with this story of the flood, that it can only be supported with the idea that jeevoova made a copious amount of miracles to make it all work.

If he had to make that many miracles to make it work, then why not just make one miracle and kill the humans that were wicked?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit