Returning to the truth.

by Justmeok2 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Justmeok2

I am just starting to rebuild my relationship with God, too. Only this time I'm doing it without an organization ordering me about.

The thing is, I realise I never really knew God. I was just studying what the organization was telling me to study. I was lazy, I just trusted their every word. Well, it turns out they were often - not always - but very often, lying. So the God I thought I knew, well I didn't know him at all really.

My nightly prayers were literally me begging forgiveness for not being a good enough JW and for letting my kids go out the truth. I felt their blood on my hands.

Now I'm free, my prayers are calm. I enjoy thanking God for this beautiful planet. I enjoy talking to him. I am learning about him all over again and it is refreshing. I have peace in my heart. I'm no longer locked into the fear and guilt Watchtower puts on you.

So, please rebuild your relationship with him...but just him...not an organization and 7 portly men sitting around a table voting on what WE are allowed to believe.

The above websites given you really helped me, as did Youtubers EXJW Critical Thinker/Spike R/John Cedars

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

You have mentioned as "Returning to the Truth". Just make a research if WT (and Bible) really has the truth and then decide.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

If you really want to be a good JW, leave this online domain and never look back.

I came here years ago and now I'm stuck. Cannot leave physically the WTBTS because they hold my friends and family, and can't leave this place because after the mental/emotional awakening takes place, only here I find refuge and a place to vent or I would just go crazy from holding it all in.

Some day soon I'll be physically out as well. Now that is not feasible.

DY

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

rebuilding your relationship with a genocidal,bloodthirsty,dirty,perverted ancient demon, good luck with that.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hi I am just starting to rebuild my relationship with Jehovah.

For accuracy, your post should read:

Hi I am just starting to rebuild my relationship with Jehovah a 13th Century Catholic Translation Mistake.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Justmeok2,

Join the JW's, but remember, your salvation depends not on how obedient you are to JW's, but on how much you love Jehovah.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Here Bro read this, one of the best commentaries out there and very close to JW line of thought, helped me get of of that business cult with a horrible track record. Follow the Christ not an LLC printing / real estate corp !

Werner Bible Commentary :

http://wernerbiblecommentary.org/

• never a jw
    never a jw

with Jehovah? are you sure?.

Billions claim they have a relationship with God, but none can prove it. Is it in their minds and their religious leaders just feed that belief? After all, all religious organizations have an interest in your relationship with God. God gets your prayers and devotion, and religious leaders get your money and free proselytizing labor.

Be careful!

Dedicate your life to humans. They are very, very real and needy. They need your dedication more than an all powerful invisible, silent God who has allowed thousand of conflicting religions to thrive without saying Jack.

• Introvert 2
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Wish you well in your choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit