Returning to the truth.

by Justmeok2 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Justmeok2
    Justmeok2

Hi I am just starting to rebuild my relationship with Jehovah.

I would like to hear from people who may be or have been in similar situations and now want to dedicate their lives to him.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Dedicating your life you Jehovah is fine.

However, dedicating your life to an organization with a long track record of false predictions, child abuse cover ups and misquoting people in their publications is not.

Remember, the baptism question they use is "Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization? Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism." - this is not the way it's outlined in the bible.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Please visit jwfacts.org

That should help you in your decision.

• cobweb
    cobweb

Before you start off on that journey, why not spend a bit of time researching the religion first? Have you checked out the JWFacts site for example. You can always go back to the witnesses after your research but at least then you'll be doing so with your eyes open.

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

Hi justmeok2....what version of truth are you returning to.... and are you referring to the 'jehovah ' also known as yahweh whose origins are canaanite group of polytheistic gods, also described as a sub god son of El? Please research before making your decisions.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello and welcome Justy.

what ever you do that works for you, if it's what you really want is fine. Just beware you're not being conned. Do your honest research first.

Remember. If you went to buy a car and the garage told you that you're not allowed to read material critical to the cars they sell, what would your gut feeling be?

Beware, is all I'm saying. Feel free to PM me with any questions and concerns and I'll get back to you when I can.

What does your gut feeling tell you?

I hope that whatever you want in life goes well for you.

One love.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Justmeok2

Welcome to the forum. As you can see there is a diversity of opinion on this forum...and that there is freedom to express opposing views.

Hope you continue to post and share your thinking and progress as you seek to improve your relationship with Jehovah.

• oppostate
    oppostate

A personal relationship with God is important for a person of faith. I truly believe that.

There are two books I'd recommend you read by someone who used to be in the Governing Body, he passed away in 2010, but there are youtube videos of him talking about his books online. His name was Raymond (Ray) Franz, and he was the nephew of Fred Franz, also of the Governing Body and President of the WT Society.

"Crisis of Conscience" his first book lays out very clearly how those in control of the 0rganization have since it's beginning made grievous decisions affecting the lives of thousands upon thousands, turning meek people of faith into servants for their own purpose and profit. Joseph Rutherford was in my mind the worst of these due to his boozing, swearing and womanizing ways which you can find out about in older discussion threads on this forum.

"In Search of Christian Freedom" his second book was for me much more up-building, with reasoning points on the accuracy of WT teachings and presenting excellent Bible research on what it means to be a Christian and free from the influence of men who would hijack one's faith for their own purposes.

These two books, especially the second one, will help you, I believe, to strengthen your relationship with Jehovah and help you appreciate the role of Jesus in helping us develop a personal relationship with our Father in heaven.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Jusr remember this: God is a great guy. It's only his fan club that you need to be afraid of.

• daveysmithy30
    daveysmithy30

Here is expressing my own view and opinion of the matter. Please don't waste you time in the organization of JW's. You don't know life outside the box only inside once your back in and that is where the danger lies. I hate the fact that they think they are the only ones going to be saved. Please do research before commencing your journey back to the fold. Here are some links for you:

https://jwfacts.com

https://jwvictims.org

I wish you peace and love on your road to freedom and discovery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit