Don't know what to do

by looter 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I like Scully's advice.

Another option, IN MY OPINION, (the caps are for the benefit of those who don't think I should have an opinion that differs from theirs) is this:

Join the military.

Of course, if you're an obese and unintelligent couch-potato, this WILL NOT WORK, because they won't have you.

On the other hand, if you are reasonably fit and reasonably intelligent, this could be an excellent way to provide almost immediate housing and employment for you, AND it has the added benefit of flipping your Dad the Great Big BIRD.

The military will teach you how to be a responsible adult if you avoid linking up with "bad associations."

Depending on how you do on the tests, you could find yourself doing an important job that doesn't put you in harm's way.

People (especially JWs) often think "early death" when they hear "military."

How many kids in your area and of your age die in stupid car accidents or stupid drinking games or bar fights, or from heroin overdoses? All of those are TRUELY meaningless deaths. If you die in the military doing the job you're there to do, your death is not meaningless.

Bot MOST of the folks who enter the military DO NOT DIE! They complete their tours of duty and come back to civilian life with a stronger sense of self and with skills that will continue to serve them.

That's my two cents. YOU are the captain of your ship and the Master of your fate.

Whatever you do, be wise. THINK. Then act with confidence.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Wow.......cults suck.....n stuff😢
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

PS - if you went to the recruiter and told them you were 18 now, they'll forgive you later.

PPS - my apologies to other posters who suggested military service before I did - I didn't read through the entire thread before I posted.

Others have said, "get a job". Doing WHAT? You have no real credentials right now. Unless you seek a career stocking supermarket shelves, you can do better than this.

Others say "Sue the WT!" HOW will you pay your lawyers? Where will you live while you're suing the WT? Bad plan.

Others say, "pursue your education" How will you pay for that education and where will you live?

Talk to your school counselors and ask them what they think of military service. If they discourage you, ignore them and talk to a recruiter. YES, you will have to maintain a "teachable" attitude to make it a success. That is what most recruits do. If you're a jackass, the military will toss you out and you can then follow all these other not-so-excellent ideas.

The military will provide you with housing, training, discipline and loads of other good things if you are smart enough to behave yourself and follow instructions without developing a self-destructive attitude. When you finish you will prepared to manage the rest of your life.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Maybe this was mentioned as I didn't read all the comments.

I don't have all the details regarding this, however, I have a friend who's parents kicked him out at 17 because they discovered he was gay (yes a Witness). He was able to qualify for benefits to attend college by claiming something like 'parental abandonment' which I seem to recall had benefits beyond the age of 18. Perhaps into his 20's? Do some research into this if you're in the US (or wherever you are). I seem to recall there were some benefits up to the age of 25.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The best thing I never did, was get baptized. Decades later, I still have contact with all of my family members. If I had gotten dunked, I would now be the evil one to be avoided at all costs.

For my father, this has been his greatest blessing.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

...and don't ask your dad about things that bother you.

Ask him question about things that will bother him.

• John Free
    John Free

I agree with the idea of buying as much time as you can, with the plan to move out when you feel confident, but don't get baptised, remember while unbaptised you are untouchable. Can I just say that I think you're very brave and smart, brave cos most youngsters don't have to deal with this cultic behaviour and smart because many on this site wasted decades in this cult(myself included) but you won't!

• KateWild
    KateWild

ohhh looter I missed this thread six months ago. I am so sorry about your mother and your brother. You should consider living with your niece, especially as she is like a mother and loves you very much.

I can't believe you have been on this site since you were about 15 yrs old. That's very young, but good for you. My son is 14 and I don't think he would be competent at posting threads on an internet forum when he reaches 15.

Glad your education is doing well.

Let us know how things have been? Where are you now?

22.07.16 12.17am

there seems to be a 11 hour delay with my post.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Ahhh looter I missed this six months ago. Sorry about your mother and brother.

Your niece sounds lovely. She must really love you

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Looter, how is the family situation? You are past 18 now, what happened??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit