Don't know what to do

by looter 45 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

ohhh looter I missed this thread six months ago. I am so sorry about your mother and your brother. You should consider living with your niece, especially as she is like a mother and loves you very much.

I can't believe you have been on this site since you were about 15 yrs old. That's very young, but good for you. My son is 14 and I don't think he would be competent at posting threads on an internet forum when he reaches 15.

Glad your education is doing well.

Let us know how things have been? Where are you now?

• looter
    looter

I'm still living with my father now but he has really calmed down. Especially since he got sick and injured. She is still doing the same thing unfortunately. Niece has just been married about 2 months ago so don't want to be in the way of that. My father still makes me go to every meeting and go out in service which is pretty annoying but I'm used to the too now. I'm trying to go to school so I can eventually support myself but it won't be easy seeing as I have to carry the microphones, do talks, and go to service anytime my dad tells me. Even if I'm sick, he gets really mad and I don't want to upset him since that's why he's sick. Overall, things aren't as bad as they seemed but they are still stressful.

• Giordano
    Giordano

You'll want to at least get an AA degree if your going to a Community College (in the states). Best to get a handle on the kind of jobs that are hiring.

You can also look into the Trades like pluming or electric. There may be apprenticeship openings where you can learn on the job and be paid. Those guys are never out of work and they can make a good living.

Are you 18 yet........... have you graduated H.S. this year or will it be next year? My grandson is turning 18 this month then he'll finish his senior year.

is your Dad's angry reaction because his wife and your brother have not done well by thew JW's? He acts like an Elder who wants to keep his position.

My father still makes me go to every meeting and go out in service which is pretty annoying but I'm used to the too now. I'm trying to go to school so I can eventually support myself but it won't be easy seeing as I have to carry the microphones, do talks, and go to service anytime my dad tells me. My father still makes me go to every meeting and go out in service which is pretty annoying but I'm used to the too now.

That's you paying the rent! Grin and bear it.

• looter
    looter

His attitude is compilation of everything and sometimes unexplainable. I graduated about a year ago and have been 18 quite some time now. I've thought about all those things you mentioned and get really angry when my father doesn't like what I was interested in and makes me go through hell when I'm trying to sign up. But like you said, you just have to grin and bear it.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I don't mean to negate the situation...... it has to be frustrating to the max!

However you are going to need to be a little more pro you as you sort out whats best for you now.

Your father's dreams and beliefs are not your reality......it's 'your time' now.

This is a good place to visit and vent as a lot of decent people have gone through what your experiencing including myself!

It's time to make the right decisions and follow through.

Start with financial independence and everything else will follow.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    I've thought about all those things you mentioned and get really angry when my father doesn't like what I was interested in and makes me go through hell when I'm trying to sign up - looter

I think this is quite abusive really, I feel he is too controlling, if my ex was like this with my son I would say something, but his dad lets him pick subjects he want's, he used to try an force him to go in service and to meetings, but now he has stopped forcing him.

I am glad you think you are better now, and you're not baptized. I will resurrect this post in 6 months again to see if things have changed, but if things get worse before start a new thread to seek some advice, I might not see it because we are in different time zones but I am sure others will give good advice take care looter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit