Latest move by Kingdom Hall Trust in U.K current J.W Elders BEWARE!

by Phizzy 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JWTom
    JWTom

No, Truthy, the point of the Clause in my post is that KHT has NO responsibility for overseeing or administering the safeguarding of Children, all responsibility falls upon the local Body of Elders. That is why I Posted. Elders, or the Body of Elders may be Sued, and will get no help financially from the KHT, which will say, " Sorry brothers, if we help you out with this, we will be admitting liability, and you took that liability upon yourselves, please see Clause 12, Goodbye".

In the US business world, the local congregations are basically becoming franchises of JW.org similar to Subway, Burger King, McDonald's, Starbucks, etc. That is exactly what is being outlined in that letter. If the local brothers in the local JW.org franchise botch something in a really bad way.......the global JW.org is basically off of the hook since each congregation is their own entity.

• minimus
    minimus

As I recall, the Watchtower has for decades absolved itself and have left elders on the hook. I remember in the 80s the circuit overseer instructor at school told us this means that you as elders are the ones that will be responsible if something happens not the society and at that point they were stopping the use of the word society.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

they were stopping the use of the word society

Min ...

I remember that well. They said not to use that word but the "old-timers" still use that word "society" today.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks for the update. I confess I find it difficult to understand what Watchtower is up to. Centralising finances would appear to centralise responsibility, risk, and at the same time depress motivation for donations—all counterproductive, I would have assumed. But presumably they know what they are doing and are trying to achieve. I just don’t understand what it is. Then again, maybe it’s a faulty assumption to think that they know what they are doing. Maybe they are just blundering along with little overall strategy, as they do with doctrine. When I’ve made that suggestion in the past, I’ve been set right by people who “know insiders” and assure me that, as far as finances are concerned, lawyers are in charge, not the Governing Body, and they are strategically astute. I’m not totally convinced. It seems possible to me that Watchtower/GB themselves have no clear idea what they are doing or why. Remember when Guy Pierce (aka Grampa Munster) said the Governing Body moved to Warwick on a hunch that Jehovah wanted them out of Brooklyn following 9/11? At the same time, he delivered that information with a clear layer of self doubt about the whole thing. I think that’s the sort of level they operate on.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JWTOM:

The average rank & file JW probably knows nothing about this and just continue along in their ever-changing religion which appears to be only concerned about its own preservation. Meanwhile, deluded people there would believe holy spirit is directing everything!

You are probably right that most local elders don’t have the courage to embrace stepping down. Some like feeling important. But, if something happens somewhere they might rethink their attitude towards the whole thing.

I think the average JWs in congregations are just going along. They might sense something is wrong and secretly are not happy about what has happened to the religion. I also think that some older JWs (impatient for the ‘new system’) have gone to more attractive localities on the globe to retire or serve ‘where the need is great’ 🙄so that they are at least in as paradise-looking surroundings (according to drawings in old literature) while they are still living..If paradise doesn’t come soon enough..you have to look for your own, I guess.

• Corney
    Corney
    Quite clear, all responsibility for Safeguarding falls upon the Elders, this means I am sure, that the KHT cannot be Sued in Court for any case of Abuse

You're wrong. The KHT and its corporate board aren't discharged from liability; delegation of power doesn't mean delegation of responsibility.

Actually, nothing has changed. Congregation trustees were responsible for child safeguarding and were bound by "directions and guidances" of the branch office long before the reorganization.

• under the radar
    under the radar

If any individual elders have any assets to speak of, I'd bet their lawyers and/or financial advisors would strongly urge them to resign their positions immediately. It sure seems like the Borg is trying to leave them high and dry. I just wouldn't chance it if I were them.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Do Not Say: "The Society Teaches"!

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/177798/do-say-society-teaches

"In order to avoid misunderstandings, Jehovah’s Witnesses try to be careful about how they express themselves. Instead of saying, "the Society teaches," many Witnesses prefer to use such expressions as, "the Bible says" or, "I understand the Bible to teach." In this way they emphasize the personal decision that each Witness has made in accepting Bible teachings and also avoid giving the false impression that Witnesses are somehow bound to the dictates of some religious sect. " -- WT 1998 - 3/15 p.19

• cofty
    cofty

So HQ want to make local elders responsible for dealing with child abuse but demand that they have control of how elders handle it. Elders are left with responsibility without authority.

Any wise elder should walk away now.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Corney, if I remember correctly, you have some expertise in matters Legal ? I am just a Layman.

This is re-assuring, as it looked to me as though the Borg might successfully put all Financial risk on to the Body of Elders, which would mean that rightful Compensation would be considerably reduced.

As to the comment above about the Lawyers etc being in charge, yes, this is true , they have " In House" people for this sort of thing, but having seen the failure of such people in a number of Cases to get the result the Borg wanted, I wonder if most, if not all, of such folk have grown up in the Borg, and don't have a great experience in Practice away from the Borg, and are blinded by belief that Jehovah is guiding and blessing what they do.

The latest Court Failure was in Switzerland, full info. this morning on Petra/Atlantis Thread. Fun to read !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit