Latest move by Kingdom Hall Trust in U.K current J.W Elders BEWARE!

by Phizzy 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Corney
    Corney

I'm not an expert on English tort law but I'm confident in my conclusions. KHT and other central entities (like CCJW and Watchtower Britain) are generally vicariously liable for elders' actions and omissions; see A v Watchtower and BXB v Watch Tower. NB: in both cases, Watchtower didn't try to throw congregations and their trustees (elders) under the bus - it actually agreed to satisfy any judgment against them, to pay for them (A, [4]; BXB, [1]).

• JWTom
    JWTom

LONGHAIRGAL

Agree overall. I would say more and more JWs that have been in the org for any significantly length of time are taking stock of where things are and if they can are resetting some of their life goals. Problem for many is that extracting themselves from the Org is a complicated mess and this is especially true for any that are well-known or that are currently in appointed positions.

• karter
    karter

"All responsibility to safeguard children falls upon the Elders" I personaly know of 1 Elder who is a child rapest and 1 M.S who is a multiple child sex offender,So how can you put such men in charge of protecting children?

Bit like putting the Fox in charge of the hen house.

Karter.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JWTOM:

You can say that again about some JWs resetting life goals!!

I would love to see what some of the die-hards my age from back in the day have to say about everything. These were the people who criticized me because I worked full-time and was not considered ‘spiritual’. 🙄

If I had listened to their criticism I would not be Retired.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I don't know how a trust works in the UK, I have some experience with them in the US. (I'm a retired accountant).

I think this may be a smart move on their part. In the US a Trust is an entirely separate entity from the beneficiaries of the trust. That means it is very difficult to hold the trust financially responible for damages incurred by the beneficiaries (elders). In the event of a lawsuit the KHT's defense will be "they didn't do what we told them to do," And "We only handle funds for the building."

This would shield the WTBS from judgements. They may have the effect of stopping lawsuits, because the lawyers can't get at the Society's money and the elders typically don't have any. Situations like that leave lawyers explaining to their clients that, while they may have a good case, there's nothing to get if they win.

If I was an elder and knew all this I'd quit on the spot, I have no desire to be hung out to dry.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''JWTOM:

You can say that again about some JWs resetting life goals!!

I would love to see what some of the die-hards my age from back in the day have to say about everything. These were the people who criticized me because I worked full-time and was not considered ‘spiritual’. 🙄

If I had listened to their criticism I would not be Retired.''

I've often shared this sentiment on this board.

When you're at Circuit A$$emblies you often hear the person, or couple, being interviewed boasting on what they've given up to serve the Borg. Like giving-up a satisfying job with benefits and even selling their house and move into an apartment to serve the Borg. It's just cringe worthy. Even when I was a full-in Dubbie, I could not relate in that reasoning on giving-up necessary, practical things to serve the Borg. My self-conscience would ponder ''well what about you, what about your needs.''

Maybe my inner-self (voice) was right. You are giving-up necessary, essential & practical things to serve a multi-billion dollar publishing company.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with desiring necessary, essential & practical needs. In the end, who's going to look after you, it won't be the Borg.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

The JW religion has changed drastically since I came into the religion all those years ago. But, one thing is certain:. any young people interviewed at assemblies have gotten old. So, I hope they prepared!

Not to get the thread off track but the JW elders I knew back then who passed away would not recognize what the religion has become. Who knows how they would react to this latest news?

I’m just glad I am Out and that I followed my instincts of common sense and worldly wisdom from my dear old Dad.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hi

Is there any link with Australia Redress Scheme ?

I'm not familiar with CommonWealth and Law ( I'm french :) )

But, I read that Redress Scheme was not signed by Watchtower , and that Australia will do thing

relative to Commonwealth ..

Best Regards

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Evidently.....none of you understand Jeehoober’s eagle-like vision and farsighted wisdom.

DD

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

JWTOM:

''Problem for many is that extracting themselves from the Org is a complicated mess and this is especially true for any that are well-known or that are currently in appointed positions.''

And, especially when long-time, die-hard, old-schoolers who have been in the Borg for many decades are in too deep like being employed or working for other long-time JW's. Has to be one of the worst realizations imaginable when a Dub wakes up in this position.

There is Absolutely nothing wrong at all,,,,with desiring the practical necessities of life like having a decent job, benefits, good pay. The Borg has a problem with that though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit