Latest move by Kingdom Hall Trust in U.K current J.W Elders BEWARE!

by Phizzy 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The latest Instructions from the Kingdom Hall Trust here in the U.K are very revealing, and current J.W Elders need to beware ! I will get to that in a minute. Maybe in the USA and other Countries too ?

First of all U.K Congregations are Instructed to dissolve their individual status as Charities, the Congregations will then become "beneficiaries" of the K.H.T. All utility Bills, and Kingdom hall maintenance etc. will be paid by The KHT. All donations from said Congregations are to be paid direct to KHT. This will enable the "Charity" to claim these payments as legit Expenses, not much the Charity Commission, a pretty toothless Body anyway, can do about that !

I can see a drop in Donations though, as individual JW's like to be seen to be donating, by their local Elders. When they can decide how much, and when, who knows ? No doubt as they Donate, they will be bullied in to setting up a Bank Direct Debit monthly, but who knows how many will ?

Now to the CURRENT J.W. ELDERS BEWARE bit : The Document entitled : " Delegated Authority pursuant to clauses 31-35 of the Articles of Association of The Kingdom Hall Trust " states : " Child Safeguarding 12.The Trustees delegate to the Body of Elders the function of taking reasonable steps to safeguard child beneficiaries of the relevant Congregation. 13.In exercising this function, the Body of Elders shall adhere strictly to Jehovah’s Witnesses Scripturally Based Position on Child Protection, as may be from time to time revised, updated or replaced, as well as any relevant direction or guidance from the Britain Branch Office of Jehovah’s Witnesses (Branch Office). 14.The Body of Elders of the relevant Congregation will provide the Trustees with reports on allegations of child abuse which occur at a Kingdom Hall. 15.In all relevant circumstances, the Trustees will report serious incidents to the relevant charity regulator and/or statutory agencies "

Quite clear, all responsibility for Safeguarding falls upon the Elders, this means I am sure, that the KHT cannot be Sued in Court for any case of Abuse, but the individual Elders, or whole of the Body of Elders of that Congregation can be ! Again, I stress, CURRENT J W ELDERS BEWARE ! YOU , personally, or as a Body, may be Sued for £ Thousands !

Again, in these Instructions no Directive is given for Elders to IMMEDIATELY Report a Case of Abuse to the Authorities, which if it was done, would somewhat mitigate their responsibility, and make sure Victims are safe, if not done a stronger case will be built against the Elders.

I feel this is another blatant way of making sure that the J.W Org in all its various forms, pays no Just and Moral Compensation itself, although it rakes in all the Donations. Utterly Disgusting, Immoral and totally Heartless !

• Magnum
    Magnum

Damn. In the days of Freddie, it seemed the org was really interested in things spiritual and trying to gain deeper understanding of the Scriptures. Now, the org's focus is on money and self-preservation.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Money power and corruption its all there in Jah's chosen organization.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Jah's chosen organization. " Yes, but " Jah. " ( pronounced Jehhoober) does not seem able to manage his Current Account at the Bank, and needs JW Org to extract cash by Scams and Deceptions, and defrauding Tax Payers to top it up !

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

You can see the maneuvering to make sure all monies go to mom. No need to contribute to a local group. This will probably affect COs and their " pay" as well

Locally (US) the hall needs a roof. When I asked if the owner had insurance I got a blank stare.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

And elders are being warned by those who have been close to them, 'if you carry on like this I fear you may end up in prison.'

Such warning land with a pumfff on deaf ears.

Links to videos that seek to help them see what is going on, get stopped and shut down. They wont look. They shut their eyes and ears.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

They can't have it both ways. If all Kingdom Halls now become property of the KHT then the KHT is responsible for both making and the enforcing of child protection policies. For me, they bigger question is, what happens when congregation A starts contributing less than congregation B?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

No, Truthy, the point of the Clause in my post is that KHT has NO responsibility for overseeing or administering the safeguarding of Children, all responsibility falls upon the local Body of Elders. That is why I Posted. Elders, or the Body of Elders may be Sued, and will get no help financially from the KHT, which will say, " Sorry brothers, if we help you out with this, we will be admitting liability, and you took that liability upon yourselves, please see Clause 12, Goodbye".

On your second point, of course pressure will be put upon Congregations to donate much as they did before, or do better if they were a bit behind neighbouring Congregations, but all the Elders can do in that case is give a " Local needs " Talk or similar, and who listens to those, and if they do listen who acts upon them ? and how will the Elders ever know what individual JW's are donating, or not donating ?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I just remember when the Watchtower adopted the voluntary donation format for literature. When Witnesses were put on the honor system for donating, especially for higher dollar items, it always seemed the cost of literature was never covered. This lead to all the changes that got us to where we are today - little to no actually printed items being made and the rise of JW.org.

So, I am just wondering if the KHT arrangement will do the same for covering operating costs of Kingdom Halls. Between this and a lack of meetings due to COVID-19, I would like to know the economic impact on the Watchtower organization.

• JWTom
    JWTom

Further evidence that the JW.org is dumping all liability or responsibility on the local congregations primarily the elders and ministerial servants. Not long ago I had a discussion with a brother whose daughter left the org. due to an abuse situation and primarily the reason was that the local congregation had no idea how to handle the matter - of course it was a disaster. When I suggested to the brother that few or none of the local congregation members are qualified to handle an abuse situation - he agreed. But when I suggested that JW.org should have put some structures in place to handle this many years ago - he didn't disagree - but basically reverted to the "well, the org. can do so many good things with so few people and that these things happen". Or in other words, "its all good!"

Many, many current JW's have issues with JW.org but they are simply trapped. Especially for appointed brothers...any disagreement or questioning of things will be punished severely. Most of these witnesses would like to disagree or voice their disapproval - but there is no platform to do that without being branded as an apostate.

I agree with this thread - local elders need to be very careful on this. But most don't have the courage to embrace stepping down so that they are not in this position.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit