My dear wife

by larc 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Larc,

You know I care very much about you and Jan. I think about you guys often, and fondly.

Take care, both of you.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((((((Larc & Jan)))))))

baby steps

Just think if you are "frustrated" with her slow progress, how much more she is frustrated that she just didn't spring back into her ol self. Life is a journey and you are on another path.

Know that both of you are thought of and best wishes are being sent your way.

Hugs,

j2bf

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Larc, I did not know this. I came to the forum much later.

Nonetheless, I extend my kindest regards to your wife.

I am very pleased to read, that she has progressed so excellently.

Very good .

Keep up the good work Jan. You've got an excellent caregiver on-hand: Larc.

Best wishes, and keep on with the brilliant progress.

Rayzorblade

• shera
    shera

She sounds like a tough woman,she will get there to the point she will be happy with. Keep it up Jan.

((((((hugs)))))) to you and hubby!

• obiwan
    obiwan

Larc, someday I hope to meet your wife, until then take care and you know your always welcome here in Michigan.....visit us soon.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids
    Sometimes, she gets emotional over this lack of progress in her life. I try to stay calm, but it is not easy for either one of us.

(((((Larc and Zazu)))))

I remember when Jan had the stroke and I've wondered how she was doing. I'm so glad to hear that she's improving but I also understand how frustratingly slow the progress must seem to be. My mother-in-law had a stroke a couple of years ago and I've seen first hand how it has affected her and my father-in-law (well, they're ex-in-laws now, but still people close to my heart). I'm really glad that you and she have received support here and I hope that you will continue to share when you feel the need.

Dana

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Jan is mostly all recovered

So pleased for you, Carl. My wife, Physio, is, well, a physiotherapist, and has had to deal with many stroke victims. We're both so pleased Jan is recovering well. Don't forget to have her keep doing the prescribed exercises, now!

Dansk

• rocketman
    rocketman

larc, I'm glad to hear that your wife is recovering. The seeming setbacks or seeming lack of progress can get discouraging, but in reality, it's progress in a very real sense just having each day to live and enjoy. I wish both of you all the best,

• Mulan
    Mulan

Carl, you scard me. I thought this was going to be about another stroke or worse.

I am so happy she is doing so well. Tell her we all care about her and to keep walking.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Larc & Jan,

So glad to hear that things are improving in your health. Mail me your address again. I have an excellent book written by Patricia Neal the movie star who fully recovered from an almost fatal stroke. If Jan is up to reading, she will thoroughly enjoy reading and seeing herself in this women and her journey. It is quite inspiring. I understand that repeated games of 'Scrabble', even when not desired, are a must for stroke victims as it helps re-build the neural pathways!

Thank you for the lovely compliment that you paid me on another thread recently Larc, it was very much appreciated.

Kindest regards to you both - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit