Subliminal images - why and who are the individuals behind it?

by UnshackleTheChains 105 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I thought this thread is about the WTS putting subliminal images into their publications ??? ,somehow it got high jacked by people who are capable of doing this in their own art, where and why is this relevant to what the WTS supposedly did. ?

The is no question or debate to this being done in the field of art by the way .

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    CC: I've certainly learned a great deal, although this subject has long been near to heart and hand.

Me too. It was one of the reasons why I chose the field of study that I did. I seriously wanted to know everything I could about art - to know why those WT images were burned inside my brain at such an early age. So I went to university and studied art making. And now I know why.

And now I can do it too - make subliminal images so that my images can be burned in somebody's brain. And I can also recognize the device when I see it in other images. I know how to deconstruct images and reconstruct them - I have learned the language of art.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

And I can also recognize the device when I see it in other images. I know how to deconstruct images and reconstruct them - I have learned the language of art.

Great now you can learn and develop cognitive reasoning based upon facts and critical evaluation.

I thought this thread was about the WTS. by the way ?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Finkelstein:

I believe you are referring to OC and CC:

"somehow it got high jacked by people who are capable of doing this in their own art, where and why is this relevant to what the WTS supposedly did. ?"

Orphan Crow has provided excellent reasoning, especially in the last post, as to the connection between what we do and its relation to WT art. As educators -- we are both art teachers -- we endeavor to bring together all points relevant to a given subject. You, clearly, are an educated person and surely must appreciate our attempt to educate the public.

Disagreement with any conclusions offered and/or drawn is, by all means, expected and heartily welcomed because it leads to a better understanding of the subject.

I wish is to engage in calm and measured debate. My personal method has never been to insult a fellow poster nor attribute wrong motives.

Best.

CC

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    finkel: I thought this thread was about the WTS. by the way ?

Of course it is. Are you having a problem with tracking the discussion?

My second to last post was in reply to the queries about why the WTS would use subliminal imaging. How is that not about the WTS?

???

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The possible " Why" is understood but the topic is about did it/they do so on purpose in solidly confirmed fact.

Some people have taken the position toward yes without a clear measure of other causative probabilities.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Finkelstein: without a clear measure of other causative probabilities.

Okay. Lets' address those "other causative probabilities".

Let's examine how probable your explanation is.

...it was misplaced printing done by people who were amateur/novice printers and novice artists

Misplaced printing. No. Highly unlikely. The WTS has always bragged about their "state of the art" printing equipment. They have also bragged about the quality of paper used and have even went so far as to have their own paper developed. To increase the quality of printed color images.

Misplaced printing? No. Not from a printing department that prides itself on perfection.

Amateur/novice printers? Hmmmm...not according to the stories I have read from those who worked in the printing part of the WT enterprise. Some who work in the printing departments received their training from professional printers. Heck...the WTS is a worldwide publishing and printing company. That is professional, not novice.

Amateur or novice artists? Again, no. Not at all. The images are slick and done in a professional manner. Not novice. Amateur maybe in the sense that the artist themselves don't get paid...but someone doe$.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has always bragged about their "state of the art" printing equipment.

Well yes now not back in the 60's, 70's and 80's , needless to say something can happen into printing with ink even with the best equipment.

Could one of the WTS's artist place something in one their images as a self identifying joke, that's a probability as well ?

The question at hand is did the WTS heads do this intentionally and on purpose with intent ?

I don't think so.

• compound complex
    compound complex

In the '60s and early '70s, at Brooklyn Bethel, I worked in quality control in both textual and art-related matters. The majority of errors were readily spotted and corrected. Sure, some things got through, but they were rectified in later editions.

Been there, done that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Thanks for your input CC so would have to agree that some printing mistakes can happen at the WTS.

Less now days perhaps but nevertheless they did happen in the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit