Subliminal images - why and who are the individuals behind it?

by UnshackleTheChains 105 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

There have been some cartoons with imagery inserted in the pictures. Mostly attributed to devious pranks by the artists. Im not an artistbut I've read about it. I think The Little Mermaid was one of them.

• Incognito
    Incognito

dropoff, there have been claims of the D-mouse organization also insetting additional hidden images. I believe a search on YT will reveal a video.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, it's best to evaluate all evidence thoroughly. Many of us in leaving this org have sworn we would never allow ourselves to be suckered again. This works both ways on any topic, both for and against.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    I can confidentially say that there are subliminal images deliberately inserted into WT images...

Actually...it isn't confidential at all.

"I can confidently say..."

*Haha! Good catch, CoC

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I can confidentially say that there are subliminal images deliberately inserted into WT images...

BULSHIT it was misplaced printing done by people who were amateur/novice printers and novice artists.

The WTS leaders did not intentionally put subliminal images in the WTS's literature.

People who think this are not using factual evidence, they are using imagination combined with emotions.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The real answer is this .......

Pareidolia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Satellite photo of a mesa in the Cydonia region of Mars, often called the "Face on Mars" and cited as evidence of extraterrestrial habitation. Subsequent higher-resolution photos from multiple viewpoints demonstrated that the "face" is in fact a natural rock formation.

Pareidolia (/pærᵻˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon in which the mind responds to a stimulus (an image or a sound) by perceiving a familiar pattern where none exists.

Common examples are perceived images of animals, faces, or objects in cloud formations, the man in the moon, the moon rabbit, hidden messages within recorded music played in reverse or at higher- or lower-than-normal speeds, and hearing indistinct voices in random noise such as that produced by air conditioners or fans.[1]

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Finkelstein: People who think this are not using factual evidence, they are using imagination combined with emotions.

Aw, Finkel...that is disappointing.

Your statement sounds like the standard "artists are crazy" line. Or, "artists are irrational and not capable of rational thought".

You just slammed all my professional artist friends with your statement. And me. All the people who are educated, trained and practicing artists. You placed no value whatsoever on who and what they/me are.

*but I still like ya...I just don't like the way that you dismissed valid artists

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I am going to go off on a soliloquy here...damnit...talking about art gets me keyboard happy.

Something that begs an answer is "why"? Why would subliminal images be inserted into WT literature? What is the purpose?

I think it can be explained quite simply. The purpose is to engage and hold the viewer. That simply. The primary objective of producing art is to engage the viewer and the longer you can engage the viewer, the more successful the art work is. Art is communication - it is a language - and the longer that a viewer engages, the more impact the message will have. The more the image will be remembered.

So, why use images connoting sex or death? Because of the contrast - the impact is there but not looked for - the intrigue of what holds a person becomes what the primary message is about, all the while the subliminal images are what is holding the viewer. Sex and death are two of humanity's 'big' themes - both will evoke strong emotions.

And the viewer stays engaged. And they remember the image. Because they were engaged. In what they thought was the primary message. And that is what they remember. The primary message. And that message is enhanced because the viewer was "taken captive" by images just floating beneath their consciousness.

Compound Complex posted a painting that he done that contained "subliminal" images (I missed whether you did the subliminals on purpose or not, CC) so I will post one of mine.

In this painting (4 feet wide by 5 feet high), I deliberately inserted subliminal images. And, there are images that appear that I did not do intentionally. Both are effective at engaging the viewer for a longer period of time than if they weren't there. Most likely, it will be impossible to tell which I did on purpose and which were happy accidents. If you can see them at all. Not every one will be able to, or see the same things

• Incognito
    Incognito

Cold Steel,

Your comments on page 2, presuppose the GB would be against inserting hidden images. What if they not only are in favor of them, but actually sanctioned their inclusion?

Some here seem to have an opinion the WT continues to be a honest religion which makes mistakes and is not truly the religion chosen by God as claimed. Others view the WT and GB (or whoever actually controls WT) as something far more sinister.

I think opinions of valid artists do hold some additional weight. Many of these people have been trained or have developed skills the average person does not possess. Just because we may not personally recognize who these artists are, does not signify their statements are invalid. In the end, opinions are just that as WT will never honestly admit to anything.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You just slammed all my professional artist friends with your statement. And me. All the people who are educated, trained and practicing artists.

I'm not talking about professional artists in a commercial sense, I'm talking about JWS artists who volunteer their work for the WTS.

I am also talking about the WTS leaders or editorial heads who work at the WTS.

I am also talking about screwed up printing procedures that got passed final inspection at the WTS.

• compound complex
    compound complex

To reiterate, rational and calm discussion is pleasurable, as well as enlightening; no one has all the answers, even individuals recognized as professionals. I've certainly learned a great deal, although this subject has long been near to heart and hand.

Orphan Crow -- cool, cool art! Your secondary images are deliberately set; mine are not. I'm somewhat facile with a brush and paper towels (cloud sweeps), but I am not quite so clever as you when it comes to using my brain!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit