Marc & Cora on YouTube causing unnecessary divisions

by jambon1 60 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

They go back and back and back to Cedars. Obsessed.

He must've really pissed them off at some point.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Cedars has and will, step on anyone he has to in order to be "Grand Apostate Master #1." He thinks he's the rightful heir to the throne of Raymond Franz. He insulted Mike & Kim, stepped on Copyright Laws with Ray's book, has been caught outright lying, was banned long ago from this very forum for stirring sh*t up, and that's only the crap I know about. He's a self-aggrandizing sleezeball out to make a name and $$ for himself. A Raymond Franz, he is most certainly NOT. He's not even close to a Paul Grundy or Barbara Anderson.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Activist fights...they all want to be popular and be the number one source for people leaving the JW's.

It's been occurring for a while now...all their ego's are getting bigger and bigger and they care less about what they are actually doing.

But Lloyd is certainly one of them, his ego is huge...I like some of his content...but the attitude of him...I'll pass...his book is just an example of this.

I think a lot of activists who do not like Lloyd do so because he is athiest and offers an explanation why...in the case of Mike & Kim they are thiests and thus take massive umbridge from what Lloyd says.

In the last 5 years all these guys have popped up and quite frankly they bore me...Paul Grundy's jwfacts.com is an excellent example of how to do it right.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Cedars has and will, step on anyone he has to in order to be "Grand Apostate Master #1." He thinks he's the rightful heir to the throne of Raymond Franz. He insulted Mike & Kim, stepped on Copyright Laws with Ray's book, has been caught outright lying, was banned long ago from this very forum for stirring sh*t up, and that's only the crap I know about. He's a self-aggrandizing sleezeball out to make a name and $$ for himself. A Raymond Franz, he is most certainly NOT. He's not even close to a Paul Grundy or Barbara Anderson.

^Sources?^

I havent bought or read his book at, at the moment, i've no desire to. But i do enjoy his videos.

• zeb
    zeb

If anything puts me off the home -bake videos its the echo-ey sound and the wait- for- it, wait- for- it we will get to the point...

I saw one couple when she had her finger in her mouth picking at her teeth..

and no don't bash some one because you disagree with what they say.

"I may not agree with what you say but I will defend forever your right to say it."--Churchill.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I can't understand why some activists spend bandwidth airing vendettas against other activists. Of course, it is not to say there was no cause. But it's a huge turn off when someone goes on a rant against a person.

Even with the Watchtower cult, it's not about being against individuals, but the system. Any personal problems with particular individuals (JW, ex-JW, non-JW) will remain just that.

• John Free
    John Free

Ceders is clearly arrogant, I've seen him on forums and he MUST have the last say. Evidence seems to suggest he probably makes money from his activism. But people of his abilities often are full of themselves and I don't care if he makes money from his activism. He has made it his profession and helped thousands wake up to ttatt. In my opinion he's doing an important work and there's a place for him and for Marc and for Cora and for Paul Grundy. We're no longer drones being coerced into a specific personality type, people will disagree more, this is the real world.

• kpop
    kpop

I must admit I did not see the video you are referring to but I do not see anything wrong with healthy debate and in fact I encourage it from all sides. I like John Cedars but I don't agree with him on everything. He tends to be very opinionated and will attack anyone who disagrees with him which are not good qualities. If your argument is weak, you are forced to use other tactics like ad hominem attacks or lie or blame the Russians. With that said, the work he has done is invaluable and I have donated to his website and I hope he continues his good work. I just do not think he is the most holy apostate and speaks for all ex-JWs around the world.

• notalone
    notalone

Welcome to place where we value the opinions of all even those we do not agree with or we may not personally be drawn to. We have left tattered and torn from a cult that would only revel at any ( as they would perceive ) infighting. There are many right now who are waking up. They are taking their first steps to freedom. What do you think will be their reaction to this. Some people are drawn to Ceders, some people are drawn to Kim and Mikey, some are drawn to Mark and Cora. Some are calculating. Some are confused. Some are scared. Some are depressed. Some are angry. Many are a ever changing mixture of all the above. There are reasons to support the Russian ban. There are reasons to not support the Russian ban. Every voice that is willing to speak up is valued. We are not in a place where we ' need to all speak in agreement', but if we want to support those waking up and encourage new voices we need to think how would I feel, not who do I believe is right. Maybe it's a residual consequence of having been in a cult, being right is more important than people, then dignity. Maybe we are only truly free from it's warping when we start to value people more than opinions.

• jambon1
    jambon1

I wouldn't mind seeing the examples of where Cedars shoots people down who don't agree with him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit