Jehovah's Witnesses Feel Superior To Others. What About EX-JW's???

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

This is a dangerous question, and I'm not sure I like it! After all, once a person declares their humility, haven't they just disproven their point?

Anyhow I feel like I'm more open-minded and accepting after becoming an ex-JW. Certainly I don't look down on people. I'm just trying to get along.

• obiwan
    obiwan

Ya know, any more when I see anyone try to claim themselves as being superior I get this smug smile on my face and think "oh ya, sure your not"! It amazes me to see people put themselves on a pedestal.

• Mystery
    Mystery

I didn't feel superior. I always felt unworthy. I could never do enough.

I could never get over the "fact" that everyone was going to die except "us". As a very young girl I decided in my mind that "we were going to live forever on earth" and all the other people that believed they were going to heaven or hell would go, but just be in a different place than us. I could not go along with this notion.

• minimus
    minimus

I see Attitudes here because of not being Witnesses anymore. Some are justified while others still appear to be dinks.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I didn't feel superior. I always felt unworthy. I could never do enough.

Same here. I still struggle with it.

• minimus
    minimus

Billygoat, obviously, you were never a dink.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I would say the majority of exJWs feel vastly superior to JWs, at least it certainly looks that way.

• JT
    JT
    On the other hand, having bought into the WTBTS hook line and sinker at one time and then seeing where you were so wrong, should be a humbling experience for anyone.

now this is an excellent point

• larc
    larc

Hey JT,

When you brought up the PhD thingy, I thought you were talking about me. Then you said that the person was on the Witness of Jah tape. Whew, that aint't me.

Shutterbug,

You are a poopy head for bashing PhD's.

• JT
    JT
    I see Attitudes here because of not being Witnesses anymore. Some are justified while others still appear to be dinks.

o sure you will see attitude where ever you go- ones having a relgion or not does not shield one from being a "Jack" ############## pork chop made an interesting comment:

I would say the majority of exJWs feel vastly superior to JWs, at least it certainly looks that way

could you share with us what has lead you to feel this way, while i will agree that I too see many former jw get into the name calling, Brain dead, stupid, etc i try very hard to stay away and not always successful, for i have seen how name calling esp if one is talking to a current jw rarely causes the person to give pause and thought to the issues under discussion what many here try very hard to do is stick with issues and dogma for here in lies the truth or false hood of the wt we can argue all day about someone being a good persons or not because it is all subjective but dogmas are different for either the bible supports the teaching or not 2 of the best two examples i often use is: 1. transplants 2. no divorce is your husband is having sex with the dog both of these dogmas were presented to millions of jw and the world as being solidly based on the bible, in fact to show that they were based on the bible the WT would enforce it with DF anyone who violated these two dogmas- these 2 dogmas were NEVER presented as the Opinion of the editors of the wt, NOPE instead they were presented as the will of jehovah on these issues so while personalities can be argued dogmas are either right or wrong- either god said it or he didn't either you got the info from god (Spirit directed) or you made it up-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit