Would You Ever Go Back To The Witnesses??

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Incognito
    Incognito

Just because you may be related to someone, does not make them 'family'.

True friends remain such regardless of which religion you choose to practice ... or choose not to practice.

While you may have had a friendly relationship with a JW while you were also an active JW, if they choose to separate themselves from you only because you chose to no longer attend meetings, were they truly your friend? Of course, a choice to cutoff a relationship can work both ways, so it's not always the actions of the JW that ended the relationship.

One person rationalized the religion is beneficial because they personally gained an ability to speak with others and to groups which helped them in business. Could you not have gained those abilities through other means such as enrolling in a training course or joining a debate team, a service club or ... Amway?

With regard to joining this forum to obtain the background scoop on child sexual abuse lawsuits against the organization, obtaining info does not require posting. If you posted nothing, no one, at least human, would know you have been on this site.

A Watcher, you left or were kicked out 2X previously. I suspect the reasons for the previous 2 actions have not been addressed. While you may continue to rationalize the problem is 'You', I anticipate without the background problem being addressed, you will not remain satisfied as a JW.

Consider the reasons for the lawsuits. If this is truly Jehovah's choice of an earthly organization to represent his name to the nations, would that organization act in a manner to bring such reproach on that name? I expect any organization that was truly chosen by God, would be the greatest example to prevent abuse from happening, and for the odd situation that does arise, the greatest example to how such matters should be dealt with.

• Chook
    Chook

I embarrassed I got sucked in to begin with, so to be fooled twice wouldn’t bode well for my intelligence. Nothing in this whole world would entice me back . To mentally torture myself with this guilt riddled religion is never going to be an option. No more cult membership from this little chook.

• RolRod
    RolRod

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH …. that's a no

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You cannot unlearn what you have come to know. So the Thread Title is a little like asking an adult ; " Would you go back to believing in Santa Claus ? ".

I think that is a fair analogy, as when you learn TTATT you come to see just how VERY INFANTILE, and VERY VERY SILLY the Org is !

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

If they would let me change the face of the Organization, which I believe I could do with about two articles in the Watchtower, I would consider it. There are a lot of nice people in the Organization and there is an attractive sense of community so if that could be focused for good it would be worthwhile.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

They say "any port in a storm", but that would have to be a category 5 cyclone!

Edited to mean "No Bloody Way!"

• RolRod
    RolRod

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@AWatcher

comment to let others know that having a personal relationship with Jehovah is the most joyful thing that a human can experience.

Naaaaahhhh! You are here just to count your time . Jehovah sees through your bullshit in more ways than one by being here. Dont kid yourself!

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

A Watcher you can have a relationship with god without attending Watchtower meetings.

There must be another reason you attend. Family? Loneliness? If you were “raised in” you might find it soothes you.

Ive noticed witnesses are soothed when you start to use metaphors or stories\ illustrations as you speak. It’s incredible what childhood indoctrination can do to the psyche.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit