Would You Ever Go Back To The Witnesses??

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    a watcher9 hours ago
    I did, twice, because Jehovah was not the problem. I was the problem. I'm on my 3rd try and I've been active for a decade now, and doing better than ever. Jehovah is merciful

Well if A Watcher has mended his ways and quit stumbling people I might give it a try. Trouble is, he goes to meetings and yet leads a double life being an A-hole here. I suspect he's that way every where he goes and there are plenty of others like him doing the same. Jehovah isn't the problem...it's the people who claim to be his people. The more sure they are about being right....the worse the are.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm hoping A Watcher is joshing us.

I could never attend ANY religious service and be sincere anymore.

As one or 3 have suggested, how much money will you give me? Yes. I'd go for money in the thousands of pounds mark each meeting. I know it won't happen so I'm safe.

Do I miss my friends? It was all conditional friendship so not friendship at all. I wouldn't pee in their ear if their brains were on fire. They are in the 'dead to me' box. Bum-holes to them all to the moon.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Punky, you are right...conditional friends. Never heard from anyone again once I did my hard fade.

• dozy
    dozy

No. I do sometimes miss my old friends and family but I'd never return.

• stillin
    stillin

I still stop by to visit a few of the older ones who remember better times with the Organization. I want them to know that my friendship isn't conditional.

But to get wrapped up in all of that competitive, self-righteous, judgmental garbage? No thanks!

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

No. I find that I can't feel comfortable being a member of any organisation.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I could not sit and listen to some ignorant buffoon preaching bullshit with no right of reply. ~ Cofty

I agree, Cofty!

We (wife & I) have even discussed if we would be better off just "faking it" vs fading as we have. We miss the camaraderie of our old (conditional) friends. (Really, most are "good" people, they are just brainwashed and following the Cult mentality. They fear we are wicked! Or, they feel taking a stand to "shun" us will "bring us back".)

But we no longer believe any of the JW bullshit. In fact, we don't really believe the Bible is anything but a book of (mostly) "good principles" for life. (OK-- Ya have to pick and choose what is "good" and ignore the rest.) I don't think we even believe is a supernatural being (God). Personally, I would LIKE TO BELIEVE, but there just is no evidence to support any of it (IMO). Especially is that true of JW-sim. Once you have seen "The Great Oz" that is behind the curtain, you can never un-see it. It's all a farce. Smoke & mirrors.

Image result for the man behind the curtain

• minimus
    minimus

Why live like a hypocrite?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

NO and NO again ! as a lover of Truth my personal integrity would simply not let me.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

No.
    It is a CULT that wasted 48 years of my life.

Cost me a possible career I may have cherished, a normal family, a GOOD SEX LIFE, a stable financial future, a lot of friends (who i lost cuz i dont go to meetings), and even a stable emotional base.

I'd sooner dance the tarantella nude in an ice storm in Time Square.

Does that answer your question?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit