Would You Ever Go Back To The Witnesses??

by minimus 65 Replies latest jw friends

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Yes!!

my wife and I actually discussed it at a recent JW funeral that we went to.

I have a few JW friends who have nonbelieving mates who I regularly associate with as couples. We never talk about the organization.

I remember asking several non-JWfriends (after the generation change) what would what they do if their religion taught something they couldn’t accept?

Each one told me… They don’t agree with every teaching of their religion. That was a totally foreign concept to me!

as a witness, you accept everything or you get kicked out!

If I could just go to the kingdom hall once a month or so… Like church people do… I would be fine. I love it How some church people will only go on Christmas and Easter… And everything is all good!

i could never do field service again though… Probably would never go to the hot Long Beach Arena for a convention either.

I want my children to continue to play sports and go to college… So that obviously would be a problem for them being accepted by others.

Being a witness and being on conventions has helped me to excel in my career a great deal.

• LV101
    LV101

My health couldn't survive the evil before and I've given up my fantasies so NO!

Cofty you make me laugh - immense intellect!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if it meant my 2 adult kids would start talking to me again--then yes. so long as i could pick and choose when i went--get up and leave anytime..and no singing or praying.

in other words just a casual spectator.

i knew others that did that when i was in .

• minimus
    minimus

So some basically would go back IF THE REQUIREMENTS CHANGED.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    I've been active for a decade now, and doing better than ever.

Then why are you posting here of all places?

• minimus
    minimus

Maybe a watcher is conflicted?

• Wasanelder Once
  • jp1692
    jp1692

Not just "No," but "Hell no!"

• JeffT
    JeffT

You couldn't drag me back with a team of wild horses.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Neat blue dog, I'm here to get the details about the child molestation lawsuits against JWs, but I read some of the other threads too and comment to let others know that having a personal relationship with Jehovah is the most joyful thing that a human can experience.

No greater honor could there be, Lord.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit