Door to door again?

by Zeds Dead 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• a watcher
    a watcher

As soon as this Covid hysteria is over they will go back to door-to-door.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

As soon as the Covid hysteria is over......it is going on 2 years here now. There are always these new 'variants' coming out that prolong this thing. Covid hysteria is over...who knows

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes, in April.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Don't know what will happen with the door to door preaching but I was surprised to get an invitation to a zoom meeting from an old jw friend. They sent me the link and said you can attend any congregation you want to now.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think D2D is over and they will become a televangelist religion in the near future.

Their already primed to do this with their new video / movie studio.

There will be more variants of Covid taking place sooner or later and we will just have to learn to live with it for a very long time.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Yes, in April.

LOL.

Which year?

Reminds me of that old JW joke - "I know the day and the hour of Armageddon! It's on a Tuesday at 9 AM".

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Ya well if they intend to go door to door any time soon they'll have to do it without the Awake & Watchtower magazines...last I heard they had to stop production for several months...Why?...Who in the hale knows!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    • well if they intend to go door to door any time soon they'll have to do it without the Awake & Watchtower magazines...last I heard they had to stop production for several months...Why?...Who in the hale knows

That means they'll have to.....Gasp!......use the Bible!!

I think eventually when they do go back the door to door work will just involve leafleting aka leaf-littering. Mainly because public opinion will not want potential virus carriers in their homes. So those low on the food chain will be doing this, higher up your'll get your cart work (they'll invent a new title for this, like pioneer assistant).

Then I can also see them handing all Bible studies over to pioneers to carry out, for clout and to ensure they get enough hours in.

By the way, how can they claim JW women cannot teach, when that's precisely what a Bible study is? After all, if you have a student you must also have a teacher, no?🤔

• hoser
    hoser
    joey jojo13 hours ago

Don't know what will happen with the door to door preaching but I was surprised to get an invitation to a zoom meeting from an old jw friend. They sent me the link and said you can attend any congregation you want to now

Until you establish your regular attendance. Then they will social engineer the situation so that you eventually go back to the congregation you should be assigned to.

• hoser
    hoser

Then I can also see them handing all Bible studies over to pioneers to carry out, for clout and to ensure they get enough hours in.

They’ve been doing this for years already. I think it’s a way to keep pioneers motivated. It’s happened to Mrs Hoser. She had a study and pretty soon the elders decided to get a pioneer sister to take over. The person eventually got baptized and the pioneer sister got the assembly interview.

It is a lot better optics than a low hour publisher bring someone into the “truth”.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit