"how awful it must be to be dying as an apostate!"

by purrpurr 39 Replies latest jw friends

• John Free
    John Free

JWs on the whole simply don't understand that its possible to find the bravery to accept the reality of human mortality, and to leave behind their delusional live forever fantasy land.

• blondie
    blondie

How terrible to die at Armageddon thinking you are a faithful jw and realizing you missed the boat.

Solomon was an apostate at his death yet the WTS says he will be resurrected.

Here is the WTS explanation of why Solomon is to be resurrected.

*** w65 8/15 p. 511 Questions From Readers ***

Considering what is said at 1 Chronicles 28:9, how can it be said that Solomon will be resurrected?—B.M., U.S.A.

In order to determine what the Bible indicates about the possibility of a resurrection for Solomon, it is helpful to compare what is said about him with what the Scriptures say happened at death to certain other men who lived before Christ.

Abraham, Moses and David pleased Jehovah. Consequently, they were listed as men of faith who believed in and will receive a resurrection. (Heb. 11:17-19, 23-28, 32-35, 39, 40) This means that at death they went to Sheol or Ha´des, the common earthly grave of mankind, since it is from there that the dead are resurrected. (Rev. 20:13) We have no reason to doubt Jehovah’s determination in their regard. Interestingly, the Bible used similar expressions in explaining what happened to all these men when they died. Abraham, upon his death, went "to [his] forefathers in peace." (Gen. 15:15) At death Moses ‘lay down with his forefathers.’ (Deut. 31:16) And David is spoken of as being "with his forefathers and . . . buried in the city of David."—1 Ki. 2:10; Acts 13:36.

So all three men, Abraham, Moses and David, pleased God, went to Sheol, and are mentioned as being buried with or gathered to their forefathers. The use of the similar expression ‘buried with his forefathers’ could not mean that they all shared the same grave, since these men were not buried at the same place. In fact, Jehovah buried Moses, and "nobody has come to know his grave down to this day."—Deut. 34:5, 6.

Jehovah also included in the inspired record the statement that at death Solomon "lay down [slept, AV,AS,RS] with his forefathers." (1 Ki. 11:43; 2 Chron. 9:31) So, using the Bible’s parallelism, we can reasonably conclude that Solomon, along with his forefathers Abraham, Moses and David, is in Sheol or Ha´des, from which he will be resurrected. Although some may feel that, in view of Solomon’s great wisdom, he was fully accountable when he turned to false worship, all the factors are known by Jehovah, a God of perfect justice and mercy, and this seems to be his decision on the matter.

Before David died he had admonished Solomon: "If you search for [Jehovah], he will let himself be found by you; but if you leave him, he will cast you off forever." (1 Chron. 28:9) In view of what has already been established, what can we conclude that David here meant? It appears that David had reference to this present life and did not have in mind the matter of whether Solomon would have a resurrection or not if he fell away from true worship. If Solomon, as king of Israel, left Jehovah, God would reject him or cast him off. That is what happened. (1 Ki. 11:9-13) Nonetheless, the Scriptures indicate that Solomon apparently will receive a resurrection.—John 5:28, 29; Matt. 6:29; 12:42; Acts 7:47.

Of course, the Bible does not make a definite statement on the resurrection possibilities of each and every person it names. But if we individually prove our own integrity to God now, it will be our privilege to be on hand when the resurrection occurs or to be among those raised from the dead. Then we will know definitely which individuals have been favored by God with a resurrection.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My mom has this misplaced loyalty about rejecting people so she can live forever in a paradise earth, with NO people that are her family, her only lover/my dad, all her neighbors and co-workers. She doesn't really like anyone, everyone is unworthy. She knows JWs are as messed up as anyone else. . .she thinks she is worthy, just because she is loyal to org. So she gets to spend eternity(in her mind) with all those small minded, judgemental people. Truly a hell of her own making. This woman goes on about how she loves everyone, though she doesn't really like us-which she is not shy to remind us.

Personally, going through live convinced you will live for eternity without anyone who actually loves you would be real hell.

I think she is living a dystopian nightmare already.

• cantleave
    cantleave

My only deathbed regret will be why it took me until I was 42 to wake up.

• tiki
    tiki

Hahaha...that one is just too funny!!! Dying apostate....way to go.....their assaumptions are totally comical sometimes!!!

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

I am always amazed by the ego it takes to deny the fact of one's own death...

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

"wouldn't be awful to be lying there in hospital,dying as an apostate! Knowing that you have no hope!?

when i was a witness i would have felt the same. i remember when a close relative was disfellowshiped how awful i felt as i thought we were so close to the end..

i was recently discussing my view of being saved and certitude and probability with a member of my family. i seem to be more certain than when i was a witness but i was certin that JW were rite.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I fully understand the life/death mindset of JWs. I believed it, I taught it. I regret having taught it at all but especially to family.

When at death's door a few times myself, it was evident that my caring but indoctrinated JWs preferred that I die "faithful" than break an Org rule on allowed medical treatment.

Although next of kin may be a Witness, it is advisable to assign as health-care advocate one who will respect your wishes.

Sad but wiser . . .

CoCo

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"how awful it must be to be dying as an apostate!"

There Are Worse Fates..

Much Worse..

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/jw_check_brains.jpg

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Better to live a full life knowing that when it's over it over then wasting your life away in a hope and a dream that's not reality and will never happen!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit