"how awful it must be to be dying as an apostate!"

by purrpurr 39 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I have no problems dying as a JW apostate....I'am 100% sure they are not Jehovahs earthly

organization and if they are, leave me in my grave.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

How awful it must be to be dying.... I know that in some sense we all are heading that way, but to know it is coming and have little to do but wait for it. I don't think it really matters what you are or what you believe at that point, in terms of how sad and difficult it is to face your own death.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Yeah, Priority #1 for all living things is Survival.

It's harder, especially, when you're young.

It gets easier to think about as you get older, at least in my experience.

But, the JWs kind of keep you in a suspended childhood in that respect. Lots of magical thinking. So it's understandable that JWs would have trouble with the thought of dying when they leave, even older folks.

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

If I knew that I'm dying - I'd take comfort in the fact that I definitely wouldn't be going to some crappy version of paradise. JWs forget that there's no internet, labor-saving machines, or electricity in their all-rural farming "paradise". Even solar panels would need an advanced manufacturing facility. You need a lot of specialized workers to keep our level of technical sophistication/comfort afloat. I also HATE gardening - totally happy with someone else growing my food. Count me out!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This is typical "black and white" ignorance. JW = hope, xJW = no hope. How complex is it for them to register option three, that some xJWs have the hope that at death they will enter heaven? That is a more comforting thought that being lifeless in the grave until the new system arrives.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

This in a nutshell, describes the average JWs "mindset". It is usually hypocritical, judgemental, and unloving.

These psychos actually believe they can judge fellow human beings.

• TaterSalad
    TaterSalad

On my 'apostate' deathbed, I think I will be far more peaceful knowing I made it out of the WT. That is, if I have time to think on my deathbed...It seems a lot better than being on a JW deathbed and fretting up to the end about if I'm going to make it into the NS or not.

I can also imagine being on my apostate deathbed and encountering a JW before I fade to black. I'd call him over to me with my finger. I'd motion for him to come closer. Closer..Closer... Then I would grab his head like in the Godfather when Michael Corleone embraces Fredo. Then I'd kiss him on the cheek and say "I know it was you Fredo! You broke my heart!".....

Tater

• smiddy
    smiddy

How awful it really is still living ? as a Jehovah`s Witness .

What with all these back-flips , flip flops ,nu-lite , old-lite ,rules & regulations not found in the Bible ,counting hours ,worshiping the new golden calf JW.ORG ,if Christians are worshiping the cross as a symbol of their religion then so are JW`s.

smiddy

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

hypothetical imagine the response you would get if you held a gun to an arrogant Elders head and said consider this a test of your fatth in the ressurrection hope cause I am going to blow your brains out 1oo to one I would bet he would be begging to stay alive despite your reassurences that you are doing him a favour after I was DF one Elder told my 10 year old son he no longer had a father what disturbed me was he actually believed that hts judgement was binding on God

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would rather die a Realist than die believing a lie.

To die believing a false hope is a shameful death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit