EU Court Ruling Against WT on Data-Protection

by cofty 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubter
    Doubter

I agree that there is a greater chance of jws being victimized by other jws (as it’s happened plenty times before) than there is of the general public. That’s very true. In fact, child sex abuse, about 90 percent, is perpetuated by family members.

Its really not about opportunity as it is about familiarity and established trust.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DOUBTER:

No, it’s not paranoia it’s wisdom. If you saw the A&E program a few months ago that had Barbara Anderson on it - it was mentioned that JWs study with inmates.

It was documented that when they came into the congregations some were molesting children. I realize this is off topic but it shows that people have a right to be suspicious!

You are not in reality about a lot of things.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why does the cult always feel that it is above the law?

Because man made laws to them are not divinely created as the laws stated in the bible which they proclaim they adhere to respectively.

ie. the two witness rule against an individual concerning personal sin. etc.

• Doubter
    Doubter

As I said before, it is documented that ex cons reoffend regularly in the non-jw world, even after being cleared by a college educated, non jw parole board. So what do you say about that?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DOUBTER:

DUH! It shows they shouldn’t really be trusted when they are in the congregations either. 🙄All the more so!

• Doubter
    Doubter

LongHairGal,

Long story short, I’m calling you a hypocrite who is selling irrational fear.

Youre refusing to admit also, that ex cons will do whatever they want regardless if they study with jws or not. You’re refusing to admit that even a college educated parole board get fooled by these guys all the time.

It has nothing to do with jws or a “not at home” list. Criminals will do whatever they want, period. No one will ultimately stop them.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'm soooo glad Richard Bobby Oliver is here to hold us all accountable, lol.

It's enjoyable to watch them, and their dearest Ducker, squirm over this stuff. JWs don't care about law unless it benefits them. We all know what not at home lists are and how they are used. Apparently the court sees them as a problem. That's all that matters here. It's great!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DOUBTER:

First of all, don’t call me hypocrite. That is the least of my flaws.

And I’m not “selling” anything.

I’m well aware that boards of educated people are fooled all the time by clever criminals. I know of a woman who is dead because of this.

The point here (that seems to be lost on you) is that JWs have to comply with the laws of the land. These laws were enacted because people (both JWs and non-JWs) have to be protected from being victimized.

Now, stop counting time here and go back to the Kingdom Hall.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Doubter: Personal House to House notes are not accessed by anyone other than the individual publisher. What I mean by “accessed” is that they are not handed over to the elders.

This is not true. Notes taken are routinely shared within service group members when canvassing territories, including elders.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Sanchy,

They not formally handed over to the elders. That’s what I meant (and what I said)

At any rate, I’ve never seen a law prevent people from sharing information of a private nature. They just don’t write it down.

Its more puntitive than preventive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit