Gun Nuts...

by silentbuddha 43 Replies latest social entertainment

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Anyone here into guns. I know alot of the euros here hate the idea but I wonder if there are any other members who are collectors or who are into hunting, target shooti g etc.

No shame zone?

• ocipinky
    ocipinky

im all about responsible gun ownership. a gun is a tool like a screwdriver, they have their place. i think every homeowner should have a shotgun to protect their family and property like every home should have a toolbox. that being said, ive never understood gun fanatics. i make fun of my friends who are gun nuts. hey, wanna go to the range for the afternoon? no. not my bag. id rather go for a bike ride

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I like guns like my friends like cars. The majority of my guns have never been fired, I'm talking 90% of them. I collect antique guns etc... not into the military weapon such as ar15 etc but I understand why so.w do.

I go to the range a few times a week though because target shooting is really a huge past time for me. I do however live on a large property and have to deal with vermin and animals occasionally.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

No shame zone, thanks for the note. I'm not into guns, but have a few friends who do and have quite a collection. As I've learned from them I can see how they can get interesting to collect and use (in a fire range, of course). Not my thing, though.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I am not a "gun nut", but I do own a few guns. I have a sawed off, custom shotgun, strictly for home protection. One of my friends is an auto mechanic, and he has a "machine shop", in the back of his garage. He took a full sized shotgun, and cut it down to 18 inches for me. It still holds 4 shots. Only fired once on New years.

Then I got a smith n Wesson model 59 auto pistol, from the late 70's. Lastly, I have a semi-auto 22 rifle, with an internal 17 shot clip. These were both only fired like 2 to 3 times each to test. I don't take em to the range, or fire them. I have them, but hope I will never have to use them.

Lastly, I have 2 black powder, antique guns. One is a Colt Navy 1851, revolver. It shoots .36 caliber lead balls, and is a revolver. Looks like something out of an Old Cowboy Western movie. The second black powder gun I have is a colonial flintlock pistol. It is a replica, not an original. It also shoots lead balls, but is only 1 shot, and they are .44 caliber. This flintlock pistol looks like something George Washington shot during the Revolutionary War, or something a Pirate would use.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I saw the topic title and was terrified that this was going to be a new product from the makers of truck nuts. Finding out that it was not gave me a great sense of relief about where the human species is headed.

That's all I have to add. Carry on.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I have a pistol, rifle, and shotgun for work. I bought my son a single-action .22 revolver. It's an expensive hobby.

I used to have 2 black powder cap-and-ball revolvers. They were a lot of fun. I regret selling them as they are now as expensive as firearms.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I love shooting and archery as well. An air rifle and Sa80 a2 are the only guns I've been on the range with though. I won a medal for getting the highest score when I was in the territorial army. Its years since I've been on a shooting range. Nearly 2 years since I did archery but planning to change that soon

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I haven't heard any follow-up on how it's being received. My stepfather, a gun nut who attends meetings for the sake of his JW wife, wants the elders at the Kingdom Hall to attend some classes about arming the flock and being ready for a shooter to come into the Kingdom Hall.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I own...

Smith&Wesson M&P Shield 9mm (my daily conceal carry)

Smith&Wesson M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm (home and range)

Smith&Wesson Bodyguard .38 Special (alternate carry, probably eventually get rid of this one)

RAI 1911 9mm (range mule)

H&K/Walther MP5 SD 22 LR (tacti-cool plinking)

Mossberg 590A1 Mil-Spec (home defense mostly)

im all about responsible gun ownership. a gun is a tool like a screwdriver, they have their place

I agree, more training should be involved in people who choose to arm themselves in this country that teaches them fundamentals, legal requirements, realities and safety, safety, safety. I am a firm believer in the 2nd amendment, but there should be training required. One interesting thing I have noticed, with the rise of YouTube and gun nut channels, you do see people pressured to communicate safety in handling firearms etc. Even though YouTube defunds these channels, and people may mock them as gun nuts, knowledge is always a good thing. I personally voluntarily take ongoing training classes regularly (in fact I am going to one tonight). These things really drive home the responsibility and realities of firearms. Maybe one of our biggest problems in this country is the idea that there are only two political positions you can have (pro-gun v antigun, pro-life v pro-choice, etc) when there is really a large spectrum of positions people have on these matters. Also, the anti-gun side is usually woefully uninformed and inaccurate on many things. This doesn't help their positions or the actual discussion when they are usually speaking out of complete ignorance of firearms (CNN, USA Today etc.). I'm cool with the discussion, but both sides need to speak accurately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit