Gun Nuts...

by silentbuddha 43 Replies latest social entertainment

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I saw the topic title and was terrified that this was going to be a new product from the makers of truck nuts. Finding out that it was not gave me a great sense of relief about where the human species is headed.

already exists lol. Behold! Gun nuts!

Image result for gun nuts foregrip

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I like guns as much as the next American and think shooting them is an absolute blast!

That being said, I've never understood the "home defense" argument. Keeping guns in our homes doesn't make us any safer. To the absolute contrary, households with guns have twice the homicide rate of those who don't. And persons in a household with a gun have three times the suicide rate.

That's not to say I'm against having guns in the home. But if you own guns purely because you think your gun is making you safer - you couldn't be more wrong.

I hope everyone enjoys their guns and uses them safely. And please remember that guns - when used as a weapon - are inherently an offensive weapon. Not a defensive one.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Well if that is the case then police shouldn't carry firearms since they are "offensive in nature" there is no need for them unless they plan to assault citizens, they should lock up their guns and go on the streets with just batons and whistles.

A good deal of home deaths from firearms are accidents and suicides, and suicides that were called accidents. Are you referring to the 43:1 idea? Because it is flawed in this context.

Be responsible, be safe, get training

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don't own guns, but I support the 2nd Amendment.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    ocipinky: a gun is a tool like a screwdriver

Like fuck it is.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

nicolaou 4 minutes ago
    ocipinky: a gun is a tool like a screwdriver
    Like fuck it is.

I think his point is it's not a toy and should be treated with purpose

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Equating a gun with a screwdriver is like equating crystal meth with aspirin.

I've posted on so many of these gun threads over the years, you just can't reason with some people.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Caution, the following may be too graphic for the weak minded.

I live in Canada and have a number of guns. I like things that go bang and make noise. When I was a kid I loved firecrackers. I liked throwing big rocks into creeks and watching them make big splashes. I bought a 1969 Datsun in 1972, when I was 18 years old, and put a 'Thrush' muffler on it. When I drove into downtown Vancouver I made sure everyone heard it.

I am 65 now. I have about 25 guns. Rifles, shotguns, semi-automatic pistols, revolvers, military Russian surplus etc.etc.etc. I shoot target only. I do not hunt and would never consider shooting an animal. My two daughters would never allow that. Interestingly, when I started collecting guns about 10 years ago my older daughter and her husband took it up as a hobby and both are heavily into collecting. They like the physics, ballistics and trajectory etc. They load their own shells and have a room dedicated to their collection. Are we gun nuts? No! It's just a hobby. Is a person who has a pool table 'pool table nuts'? Yet a whole room is dedicated to it.

Obviously the requirements to own guns in Canada are stringent. Only responsible people, carefully vetted, are allowed to possess. Safety is always emphasized and punishment can be severe for breaking any laws controlling firearms. For all of you in countries that do not allow this level of ownership or you pansies whose wives will not allow you to own a firearm, look and weep.

Here are some of my collection. Image result for keltec plr 16

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Equating a gun with a screwdriver is like equating crystal meth with aspirin.

Well, if you are equating that meth and aspirin are both drugs, then that is a fair thing to say, if you are saying meth is as addictive as aspirin, that's not fair.

• pontoon
    pontoon

About 26 rifles, 2 shotguns, 1 colt revolver. Hunting rifles, not into military or tech style rifles. Also 3 motorcycles, a sports car, 2 2 door pickups. No wonder I didn't make it as a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit